Sunday, September 18, 2005

My baby



That's a 500 lb propane tank deliberately set on fire for a training exercise. My baby child is in the group of 4 on the right, up front, holding the hose on this fire.
I say prayers every day for his safety and every one of the kids he's training with. He's a junior in the Fire Science program at Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste Marie MI.

I also silently say a prayer for the safety of all the first responders every time an emergency vehicle flies down the road with sirens blaring.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Our firemen are some of the most valuable emergency service personel.

I've just tagged you with a meme.

Cathy

Kim said...

Tag, you are it. Details on my blog

JoanM said...

I can understand how worried you must be for your son. It is truly a dangerous career option, but where would we all be if there were no firemen?
My son accidently left a battery charger on in the garage, and it caught fire. It was terrifying how quickly it took hold. Luckily we got it out before it spread, but I can understand how whole buildings can go up. Bravo for your son.