Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What Was I Thinking? Wednesday



Knitting with Beads! Beads on thread, (DMC cotton actually), on needles that have so many 000's in the size that they're more like wire than needles.
So, what was I thinking? I don't know. Probably the same thing my son thinks before jumping off cliffs wearing only skiis on his feet - because it was there and I could. But why you might ask? I couldn't tell ya. This one is going back in the drawer for awhile.

Update and progress report:


Back of the Ruffle Edge Cardi in Debbie Bliss Baby cash - waiting on more yarn before I can proceed.


This number has emerged from the frog pond reincarnated as the back of VK 11 from the Fall '05 issue, and it's going FAST.


Ladywell is getting a turtleneck, on addi turbo 1's


Esmerelda, of Jaeger Odessa, a few rows into the back.

I think 4 projects on the needles are enough at any one time - but... the yarn came today for my Union Square Market PUllover. I won't cast on until Ladywell is finished....I won't cast on until Ladywell is finished...better go knit


2 comments:

Knit and Purl Grrl said...

Marji, you are so talented! I wish I had the skill to undertake the projects you do, but I am still a baby knitter -- meaning I am taking baby steps AND I should only knit for babies so when they drool you won't see my dropped stitches. Bahahaha.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, the bead thing...
I haven't tried that one myself. I think it would end up way back in a drawer for another decade. or two.