Friday, October 28, 2005

Interlude


Taking a break from regularly scheduled knitting, Enter the cabled chemo cap.
My friend Sharron (the queen of the cables) starts chemo Monday, so I found this pattern and created my first FO in a long while. It was a really fast knit.
Yarn: the new Plymouth Suri Merino in navy, an incredibly soft dk weight that knit up beautifully. I've got some Inca Alpaca in dk green to make another.

I've also managed to do very well keeping to my schedule of getting a little bit woven each day on the loom - usually between 6:00AM - 7:00AM.
On the agenda today: finish up the last 7 rows of contrast color on the front neck edge of the USMP, go make the investment in the blocking board that I've been lusting after, and then get that puppy blocked. I'm not sure about whether to wet block or steam the Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. There's enough acrylic (microfiber) in the blend that I'm a little afraid of wet blocking. Anyone with experience with this yarn, input is welcome.

1 comment:

Lars said...

I really like what you did to this Headhugger pattern!! I didn't really like the rolled brim of the original pattern -- the ribbing is so much more beautiful.

I have been wanting to make this for my friend undergoing chemo.

I love the way your ribbing branches so beautifully into the cable. May I ask -- PLEASE!! -- what ribbing you used? I would be so grateful, and my dear friend would get an exceptionally lovely cap.