Friday, October 21, 2005

Opinions please

So much for my posting this week - it's been a heck of a week.

No project content, no What Was I thinking? Wednesday, What can I say?

I'm going to be ordering labels. These are not for client workt that I do, these are for my own projects and for gift projects.
Do I order two, one for handknits and another for custom clothing? or do I combine it all in one label?
Some thoughts:

Three lines of personalization (Vertical DESIGN remains constant)
ML Studios
HANDWOVEN / HANDKNIT
ST LOUIS (OR) MARJORIE VAN ZILE

Grey letters on white

ML STUDIO DESIGNS
CUSTOM CLOTHING
HANDWOVENS - HANDKNITS
ML STUDIO DESIGN
CUSTOM CLOTHIER
Marjorie Van Zile

4 comments:

Christin said...

It is a toss up between #2 and #3 for me, but I prefer #3. I think you should definitely include your name on the label, and "Custom Clothier" seems to encompass all of the things you do. =)

Knit and Purl Grrl said...

Hey baby-
Glad to hear you're alive and kickin'! Couple of things -- you need this shirt:
http://www.buyolympia.com/q/Item=craftyladymel
and I may have to go off my no-buy... I am going on a pilgrimage to ImagiKnits in SF tomorrow after my half-marathon... I may need a little reward! I promise to be reasonable though... ;)
xoxox
Wooly Bully Laine

michellers said...

Just one label please--don't make yourself nuts! And I agree with Christin: I think Custom Clothier is all you need to say.

Have you considered just "ML Studio" as your name (not plural "studios", which sounds like a place where tv shows and movies are made). I don't like "ML Studio Design" because you don't design Studios, right ;-)

It's your choice whether or not you want your actual name on there. I think my preference would be #2 but like this:

ML STUDIO
CUSTOM CLOTHIER
HANDWOVENS - HANDKNITS

For what it's worth...

-M

Julie said...

Hi Marji,

Voting late, but #3 is my favorite (although #2 would work for me also.)

Julie