Thursday, November 03, 2005

What are we thinking?


Guess what came in the mail today?

Yup, the info packet Jeff ordered on this boat. It's the boat that is currently on the short list as a candidate for our new home. We've been on the boat, both at a boat show and in the water, although we havent' sailed one, but evidently we need a literature packet. The man is getting serious. Dave, the interior plans and layout and specs are all on the website if you want to check it out.

Doesn't look like there's much room for the old yarn stash does it?

hmmm, better get knitting. Got to use up some of that stash. Note to self: keep this No Buy contract with Lainey a little longer. Laine, I've done pretty good on resisting. Bought another book, but NO yarn. (Patting self on back)

Progress is being made on USMP - body is finished, have yet to cast on sleeves. The scarf for Ashlee is almost done, and the Irlandais is again seeing progress. Sleeves on that should be done by the next time I check in here. Tomorrow I'm leaving for the northern clime and a visit with Jacquie, Jean, assorted other friends I may see in Traverse City, then on to the Soo to see Daniel, then back downstate to Midland to see Dave, Wendy and crew, then home again home again jiggety jig. Have the mapquest maps printed, (am planning on stopping by Threadbear Fiberarts on the way through Lansing on the way out of Midland), the hotel reservations made, and the gas tank filled. Tell me again why I thought driving was a good idea?

4 comments:

Julsey said...

Oh that boat - I'd love to drop my homebuying dreams in a heartbeat and live at sea!

But while on land, here's a subliminal message...finish Colchique...join the new Phildar KAL...you know the one...Pattern available...

Elizabeth said...

I knew a woman who lived on a boat for two years, sailing around the Atlantic. I know I couldn't handle that lifestyle: I'd be too unnerved to be in a small craft with all that deep water under me.

My brother used to go offshore sailing with one of his buddies in high school. Here's a quote from the buddy:
Offshore sailing is like standing in a cold shower, ripping up hundred dollar bills.

Have fun. You can always knit small things, like socks.

my verification word is hhyrtmgf. Could be "Happy Halloween you rockin', trekkin' mother (and) girl friend." Or maybe something else altogether?

Knit and Purl Grrl said...

I'll pat you on the back, too! Good for you! Six or seven more weeks of no-buy and then off to the races... although with the boat, you may not be buying yarn for a VERY long time! Put me first in line when you destash, 'kay??? And you can sail this way and visit your yarn at my house. :)
xoxox
LainE

Jade said...

Hi,
Thank your for your lovely comments on my blog. I had went ahead and got Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran in cream to be used for the Phildar project instead. With your comments on Shetland aran now, I am very tempted to add that to my yarn stash. Hehe. Terrible. Had been spending too much on yarn recently!!!