Tuesday, December 06, 2005

replies to comments

Thanks to all who visit my blog and leave comments.
I'm going to take this opportunity to answer some of the questions that have come up, a little late on some, sorry.

First, Leisel, the gloves are S. Charles Rittrato, and I LOVE this yarn. Not so soft, but lots of impact for the knit. I bought enough to make a scarf for me (what a concept!) after I knit the gloves, which are on hold right now due to holiday knitting. Too many things on the needles, feeling the pressure. Only mistake I made with this one is putting cables into the back of the hand that will extend down into the fingers. This yarn has so much going on that the cables are totally lost.

The 'lace' scarf that I just finished knitting is just 4 repeats of the Diamond Rib pattern from the 365 Knitting Stitches a Year perpetual calendar. The pattern appears on Aug 5. I used 2 full skeins of a long ago discontinued Anny Blatt yarn, 135 yds per skein, knit on size 10 Boye needles (going for the full vintage feel - cant' even believe it but those old Boye alum needles had the best tips for this project.

Julsey, the pattern for the Cabled Scarf for Lauren that is currently on the needles is by Nancy N and can be found here in pdf format with the chart. The pattern has been revised and the kinks worked out now so you can go ahead and knit it without reservations. Oh, but, I would very seriously consider changing those first and last 3 garter stitches in the scarf border to a K1, P1, K1 each row, to create a moss stitch. My edges are curling something fierce, and if it didnt' require ripping 20 inches of already knit scarf I would start over and change the border. Mine is being knit with a worsted weight on size 9 needles, and I did change those border cables to a C4 to narrow it down a bit.

Sorry Elizabeth, but mom looked at it and def wants that scarf, and Catherine, the woman whom I consult for and do the design work for (sewing) so ooohed and aahhhhed over it that I am using the rest of the Cleo that I had and the rest of the Anny Blatt mohair to make one for her.

Lainey, it is so exciting to watch you morph into the new project directions you are taking. When do I knit? almost Every AM between 6 and 7:30, and every evening after dinner until bed, and sometimes during the day if I'm not involved in work stuff. I've really stepped up the pace right now in order to get projects done that I didn't decide to knit for gifts until end of November - nothing like planning ahead.

Now. Must. Go. Knit.

2 comments:

Donyale said...

Hi Marji - I seem to have been stalking you because I have been onto a few blogs the past few weeks and you are there or have commented....small little blog world isn't it! :)

Knit and Purl Grrl said...

You are so sweet... How's stuff these days???
xxoxox
LainE