Monday, December 05, 2005

still scarfing, 2


I've been busy with gift knitting and have taken a hiatus from my regularly scheduled knitting.
Last night I finished knitting the Lace scarf from the Anny Blatt starblitz. I think I'm going to crochet a loopy band of scallops along the ends, using the 2.5 yards of yarn I have left and string some freshwater pearls on the yarn, so that the scallops are beaded. This one's for Jacquie. I want to have it in the mail on Wednesday.
In the lower corner of the pic you can barely see the next cabled incarnation of that Berger du Nord silkid. It is a Saxon braid bounded by twisting cables, v pretty. I started that one last night after binding off the lace.

Oh, and we have a tree! And what a Tree it is. I'm wreathed with smiles.

5 comments:

yarnahoy said...

What a pretty lace scarf you made! I'm spinning some angora/wool/silk blend & now i'm thinking i would like my knitting buddy to make me a lace scarf out of that....hmm

Julsey said...

Marji I LOVE the Saxon braid w the twisting cables - what pattern is that from?????

Elizabeth said...

Your mom will love it! If she doesn't, then send it to me.

yarnahoy said...

Marji, I don't know your email address...
My mom does sell her embroideries. I actually got a bunch back because a lot of my fiber friends wanted them. I still have to load images of the ones she has to sell on her blog.

Eilene said...

Your scarf looks lovely & your tree is beautiful!

P.S. There is no way you are 49!!