Wednesday, January 25, 2006

the green eyed monster

Every day I click on the link to look at what they are doing over there on Crossed in Translation and feel the touch of the green eyed monster. Then I go look at the FLAK KAL and wonder - could I catch up? Then I look around me and remember how I feel with as much on the needles as I have, and sanity so far has prevailed!
Amazing isn't it? I've been sitting here with just a touch of envy for all those who practice project fidelity, and here those of you who've left comments seem to think that multiple projects on the needles at the same time is the way to go. Well, it's not as if I'm in any danger of finding out what it would be like to work on only one thing at a time in this lifetime anyway ;) But I need to finish off some of this - too many projects on the needles is causing stress.

Elizabeth, the link for Convergence '06 is that top swishy blue button on my sidebar. Are you really interested in going?

on the topic of the ISE scarf. For crying out loud, now that I am so close to being done, I finally get really analytical about this pattern/chart. Why is it that I'm having so much trouble? I'm a competent knitter. I can follow a chart, I thought I could count - but I keep getting to ends of rows having the wrong amount of stitches left and ....
Well, duh moment: The chart is wrong on the rightmost stitch before the selvage from rows 15-23. I've finally managed to figure out how to look at the stitches just below where I'm knitting to determine If I'm off a stitch on this pattern, so if I watch my stitches, and simply add a stitch after row 14 to the right edge, then bind it off in row 24, I can make this work with much less frustration. Two more repeats to go.

Shel, the variegated yarn is on ebay here. It may be some of what you have, it came from New Zealand. I can't remember what I bought it for, but I need to clean out some and that is a casualty of this latest stash clean out. (not much of a stash clean out - but a nod anyway)

Someday I'm going to finish this ISE scarf and then I'm going to start running in the AM - yup, Couch-Potato to 5k here I come.

2 comments:

Jae said...

Sometimes I think knitblogging is a blessing and a curse. You can be inspired and/or sucked in beyond reason. I always have many projects started at once and I have to remind myself to only join what I will truly enjoy - thus making any added stress worth it.

Good luck on your scarf!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, I looked at the site. The most likely option is that we will plan to be in G.R. around that time to visit with in-laws and maybe I can do a little time there. My MIL is a fibery type, too, though her interests runs more toward sewing and quilting. The whole idea is completely up in the air at this point. Also hinges on project crunches at my husband's work. If things are coming due, we'll travel later in summer. I'll keep you posted!

Off to plan the next big thing!