Friday, January 27, 2006

Ta Da


Yarn: Koigu KPPPM, almost all of 3 skeins
pattern: Classic Elite Princess Wrap
Modifications: added extra repeat for a total of 54 stitches cast on, knit 19 repeats
Needle: size US4 Holz and Stein Rosewood Circ
Blocking: wet blocked with Eucalan
Finished scarf measures 75" long. It grew more than 20" in blocking

It is gorgeous, if I say so myself.
and now it is getting packaged up to mail to Australia.





















Thinking I have to join put these up too. Merlot from the Beadslut who also has made buttons for team chocolate and team caffeine - which is probably more appropriate, but what the hey, I'm opting for wine. And 'What was I Thinking?" ( a most favorite refrain of mine these days) came from the fabulous Donni

Speaking of What was I Thinking?, while I won't let myself indulge in casting on yet for an aran that I long to make, I did indulge yesterday in ordering some Jo Sharp yarn for not one, but Two aran sweaters. Someone over on KR posted an inquiry about where to find Jo Sharp yarns (which are beautiful yarns but are not avail for sale anywhere in St Louis) and someone from Knitwerks replied that not only do they have it on sale, but with the code she posted in the entry you'd get an extra 10% off. I ended up getting the Wool DK for $3.50/sk. I bought Navy to make one for dh and Tawny for me. In the interest of being the wonderful enabler that I know how to be, you can find the sale code here posted in the entry from Yarnni.

I'm off now, today I'm going to sit and knit with my friend Sharron while she does her chemo treatment.

8 comments:

Michellers said...

Marji, that scarf is indeed beeyootiful! Worth the pain of counting stitches...

SP said...

That scarf is stunning!

Jae said...

The scarf is gorgeous. You did a great job!

Anne said...

Beautiful scarf :-)

I'm having a bit of a "What was I thinking?" attack myself, but hey - two ickle bitty baby sweaters won't really take that long, will they, will they?

Sheep Rustler said...

That scarf is just gorgeous, I'm sure the recipient will love it!!

Donni said...

O.M.G! Did you say what I thought you said? (Trembling breath,)off to (deep breath) Australia?.....

Shel said...

If I make some quick arrangements to to go Australia, I'llpick this up for you!!

Marji, hope you received my pm at KR, and my IM to your YIM.

Talk more soon -- OLYMPICS!!

Shel

Elizabeth said...

Very nice work on the scarf. I hope it makes the crossing just fine and winds up on the Farthest Shore.