Sunday, February 12, 2006

Torino Inspired

Subtitled:
The Domestic Diva comes out to play
Watching all the travelogue and background coverage of Torino inspired the domestic diva in me to make an Italian inspired dinner. So hubby obliged me by running to the store for flank steak, fontina and parmesan, and some fresh basil and proscuitto, while I sat and knit yesterday AM.
Then I went to play in the kitchen


flank steak, stuffed with proscuitto, basil, and seasoned breadcrumbs with fontina and olives.
accompanied by a basil risotto, that I tossed a little of the dried thyme into from our summer herb garden.
meanwhile, I'm making progress. I just started the fourth skein (of 12). I know I won't be able to keep the pace, so I'm trying to get a little ahead this weekend. I'm loving the way the colors are developing. Warning to those who are considering (that would be you Marina) this is an addictive little knit.



More to come later (next break) on the state of affairs over at Project Runway, and the Olympic sports.

8 comments:

Jae said...

Ooohhh! It's gorgeous. I can't believe you are past the quarter knitting mark already. Keep it up and you'll have no problems meeting the deadline.

Anne said...

Oooh - she is gorgeous isn't she! Oh dear, yet another project to add to my ever-increasing list. Still, doing "some entrelac" is on there too - so I can combine them...

Marina said...

OK, that's it! I'm putting all the Arans & textures aside and learning Entrelac next. (Note that I didn't say Fair Isle.)

Your husband waits for you to photograph food?

Elizabeth said...

Can I come eat at your house? I'm so sick of kid-friendly kibble, or worse, hearing "EWWWW! I don't like that!" after making a meal that the grown-ups enjoy.

Lovely work on your entrelac. But then, I expect as much from you.

Donni said...

If I bring a fine bottle of red can I come over to dinner? Lady El looks so wonderful - well done!

ck said...

That stole is fabulous! Looks like its coming along great.

and the food...YUM!

Kathy said...

UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS!! I adore that Noro - the colors are so vivid! WOW. Really. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is going on the list of things for me to knit (someday!)
xoxo
Lainie