Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wednesday - 6 down, 6 to go

Baking at 7:00
Care pkg ready for mailing (well, almost ready)


Left Triangles


For the most part, I'm happy with the way the directions are written for Lady E.
However, I don't like the left edge the way the pattern is written. It leaves holes all along the edge if you M1 by lifting the bar between the 2 last stitches on the needle on the knit row. That hole is exacerbated by knitting the first stitch of the purl row.


So, I changed the way I was lifting the M1, then I purled the first stitch of the following row and voila, nice closed edge.




this is what the picked up stitch looks like when the stitch picked up is the one directly below the next stitch to knit.

Progress:
  • 6 skeins knit,
  • 1/2 of another cut for fringe,
  • 5.5 sk to knit
Answers to questions/comments:
Marina, I don't know if I will finish the Lady E in Shinano before the extinguishing of the Olympic Torch, but i will work on it as soon as this one is finished - ready to wear finished ;)
Elizabeth, Yes, my mom leads a life where wearing silk is a weekly if not daily possibility
Jae, I'm not on Team Merlot for nuthin'. LOL tho, I can have a glass of wine and not mess up my knitting, a whole bottle might do me in.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
What I'm learning: I can indeed work on one project to the exclusion of flitting around like a butterfly, and when I do that, I see progress. What a concept!

3 comments:

Marina said...

That is so clever. Thanks for taking the time to get it all down. I think I'll be needing it.

Lady E., as usual, is looking absolutely gorgeous.

Donni said...

It's interesting isn't it! I too flit from one project to another all the time - it feels weird to be concentrating on just one project!

JoanM said...

That entrelac looks so good. Thanks for the photos