After a lot of drama, we welcome into our home as a permanent resident, my youngest dear step-daughter (henceforth to be referred to here as dsd). more drama I'm absolutely certain, as the legalities of this move get sorted out. The other 3 kids are all already at college (oh my aching bank account)
in no particular order we/I've also:
- completed the refi on the house
- supported eldest son through finals week and realization that there is yet another class that must be taken for graduation to happen
- finished reading Eat Cake (easy light little read that leaves you longing for baked goods)
- Finished listening to Anna Karenina (unabridged) on CD. If I'd been reading it, it would have been abandoned long ago, but I listened to it while knitting so got through it. Slog slog slog.
- started and finished reading Life of Pi - which brings me to the fact that I've recently joined several new KAL - blog communities, one of which is KnitTheClassics. Must get buttons and links up on the sidebar.
- cast on for and have half knit Lara by Debbie Bliss - out of (send up the flag!) Stashed Yarn! - an older tweedy number from Adrienne Vittadini
- received my ISE scarf from Judy, aka SheepRustler, in Australia. it is a very interesting combination of I-cords, knit of various yarns and attached at random (I think they're random) points with stitches and/or buttons. I have a pic taken at my friend Sharrons yesterday, have to get to the other computer to post it.
- knit off the needles (per stated goals) the back of Esmerelda and the body of the red cotton cardi. Esmerelda will get back burnered now til fall, Red cotton cardi will be finished at the end of this month, latest by mid-April. I'm loving that sweater. Had to pick up the size 0 addi turbo to start the yoke, meanwhile I can't stop knitting on this uber-fast Lara..
- taken on a new student for private lessons and have started curriculum building. I may end up teaching at University yet.
- Watched Chloe win Project Runway - only caught last 10 minutes last night so still haven't seen runway shows, but I'm not disappointed. And I Do hope that Daniel takes up Michael Kors on his job-offer. What an opportunity for Daniel!
Pics this afternoon when I get to loading from camera.