Sunday, April 09, 2006

Casting On, Binding Off


(Gyrid) Life of Pi project is Finished. I love this top. Love the fabric created by stranding two Rowanspun 4 ply yarns together.
This is the combination of yarn that I will use to knit up Eris, the cardi. Not necessarily this color combo - I've got this yarn in 9 colors, but this yarn knit doubled is wonderful. If I weren't stashing along I just might visit Yarnela and Cucumber Patch to see what is left and what the colors are. Sadly, Rowan discontinued this yarn a year ago or more.
Details:
Pattern - Elsebeth Lavold Gryid

Yarn - one strand each Rowanspun 4ply Midnight Blue and Holly Green

Needles size 6 US addi turbo. Gauge 22 st to 4"



Drops cardi is On. Working on black is a daylight proposition.

Orangina is coming along - slowly. I've not spent much time working on it lately. I love it in this nylon Katia Seville though. Who would've thought that a summer top in nylon ribbon would be ok? Better than ok?

6 comments:

Jae said...

Marji, that sweater looks amazing! You did a beautiful job.

Carrie K said...

That tank top is gorgeous. Orangina is pretty too. That's nylon ribbon? I am so going to my LYS. Soon.

Have you seen Calla?

Dipsy D. said...

Oh, the top turned out so beautiful, and it fits you perfectly - you did an amazing job with that!
And Orangina is coming along so fine, can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Marina said...

Gyrid is gorgeous. Love the shape, very flattering.

I know what you mean about knitting black yarn. Done it a couple of times and I now avoid it.

Elizabeth said...

Nice work on Gyrid. It suits you perfectly.

ColorSlut said...

Where can I find the pattern for the Elsebeth Gryid pattern? Can you email me? colorslut@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Christina