Friday, May 12, 2006

at Topsail Beach



Serenity defined

Views from the Deck
we are taking long beach walks everyday, doing some bopping around in the shops, getting some knitting and reading done...eating well.
Friends Jq (whose beach house the rest of us are a guest at) and Mike dancing.

Getting some knitting done. This is the progress on the Drops Cardi which I would really like to finish before starting the knitting for the Tudor Roses KAL.

Have been trying to read Pride and Prejudice but there just hasn't been much reading time. Today the sun is shining, wind has calmed a bit, and I think we are going to park it in the beach chairs at the waters edge. Maybe I'll get some reading done then. Alas, tomorrow is a day to travel home.

7 comments:

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

What a beautiful view! It reminds me to go make reservations for the condo on the lake for july. Don't you love sitting on that deck with a beautiful view and some yummy yarn in your hands.

Have a great time.

Carrie K said...

Beautiful! I've got to run out to the ocean soon.

I love the yarn on the Drop Cardi. I'll have to google Eris (?) as a replacement for my frogged pullover.

I haven't even pulled my copy of P&P off the shelf yet.

Carrie K said...

Oh, and I'm up for Eris next! I've had it bookmarked for ages.

Jae said...

It looks so relaxing and peaceful! I could use some ocean views myself. :)

cpurl17 said...

Gorgeous everything! What a great beach house! Hope the relaxing vibes travel home with you! :)

Donni said...

I'm daydreaming about coming over there and convincing your friend to let us stay for a few more days so we can sit and drink merlot together and knit - of course

Federico said...

Wow....

Very nice photo....