Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Today


Today is several things;
#1 - Happy Birthday to my Husband! (he is out on the Atlantic right now sailing so I'm not baking a cake today)
#2 - It's Memorial Day here in the US. Last night we watched some of the History Channel's Band of Brothers series on WWII. I take a moment here to salute and honor all in our Military and all who've served before.
#3 - Happy official kick off of summer.
#4 - Happy b'day tomorrow to my brother Keith - whom I've heard lurks here once in awhile.

But biggest of all -
Happy Graduation to my son, the electrical engineer! He walked for his graduation ceremony Saturday in Terre Haute IN, graduating from Rose Hulman Institute of Technology I am so proud of him I could burst.

7 comments:

Marina said...

You know what they say ... behind every great man is a great woman, so Congratulations to the son and Mom who was there every step of the way.

And Happy Birthday to the husband and brother!

Elizabeth said...

Proud mom. I was hoping to make that picture bigger for a closer look of the two of you.

Stay cool! If it's this hot up here, I can't imagine how it is down there.

Next time you find yourself that close to Madison, make sure to let me know. I'll definitely plan a little get together at Stitches, though I'm not taking any classes.

cpurl17 said...

Congratulations to your son and family! What a fabulous weekend you must have had.

Donni said...

HA! Snap Elizabeth - I clicked on the photo to have a good "sticky beak" at you both.....congrats on all accounts Marji - what a lovely web of niceness you have woven...good begets good Marji!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Congratulations Marji on raising a smart young man. You should be proud. Raising children is the most valuable gift that we give to society. He looks like a great one.

So, I assume you were knitting as you watched Band of Brothers? My husband loves that series and has it on DVD. Whenever I want to combine knitting and spending time with him, I suggest that we watch it. It's the only way I can handle the tense scenes in the show.

Jae said...

Congrats to your son, Marji! You should take a bow as well because we all know that you probably had a lot to do with his success. As a fellow BSEE, I know that it is hard work to earn that degree.

Were you really knitting to Band of Brothers? My hubby loves that series and I always hide behind my needles when the bombing starts.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I am also very very proud of Mark! It is an extreme achievement to graduate from Rose Hulman. I am thrilled for him.
Mom & Grandma Doris