Thursday, June 08, 2006

Finished Objects

Orangina
finished 6.6.06
yarn Sevilla nylon ribbon by Katia
needles: sz 3 addi turbos
cast on around April 15?, finished seaming June 6















I will say I like the top Except, I'm just not sure about how it emphasizes the boobage. I typically wear tops that de-emphasize, and this is just, well, right out there so to speak. It's nylon, so the hope of blocking it to change that emphasis (don't know what I would do anyway) is practically nil. So, it is what it is.
Skirt
Cotton Pique with applied grograin ribbon.
Curiously enough, I have 2 skirts and a pair of capris on the sewing table right now that complement this knit perfectly. guess that means that I'll live with the Dolly Parton look.


















Sophies blanket
Yarn 1 sk Laurel, colorway Judy Garland
1 sk ea Classic Elite Provence in orange and yellow
all 100% cotton
stitch: feather and fan
needles size 9 Brittany Walnut straights
completed 6.7.06

10 comments:

KSD said...

"Boobage" is my new favorite word.

Becky said...

That top looks great. Wear it well. :) The blanket is beautiful, too. What a nice way to use those Brittany needles.

Katrina said...

I agree. The top looks stunning on you. And the blanket turned out very nice.

Michellers said...

Marji, you look fabulous in that top. Wear it (and them) proudly! I do understand, though, because I'm a DD these days (because of nursing) and very self-conscious about it.

Love the skirt!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Luv Schaeffer yarn! And btw, I looked in your blog for the name of the LYS that is closing. Who is it? Reason I ask? I saw your entry on Stashalong, and I'm visiting STL for a business trip! I was debating on which day will be chosen in June and you just made my day. :)
=:8

Kathy said...

I think your Orangina looks fab - and definitely as emphasizing of the boobage as probably you think. And it does look perfect with that skirt!

Krissy said...

Marji! I think you need to knit me a 'boobage' sweater! Remember me? Double A on a good day? How have you been? Still doing the tri?

Carrie K said...

Oh, go with with "boobage", it looks great. Orangina came out really pretty! Along with your other FO's.

Carrie K said...

Oh, go with with "boobage", it looks great. Orangina came out really pretty! Along with your other FO's.

Mom said...

Marji,
I love the blanket for Sophie! Also the top looks great. You came by those naturally.
Mom