Monday, July 31, 2006

July wrap-up

on the reading front:
Read:
Twilight by Katherine Mosby. I really enjoyed this one.
Currently reading:
Lyre of Orpheus by Robertson Davies. Loving it. Davies writes with a sense of humor/irony
Listened to:
An Ocean Between Us, Susan Wiggs. Don't bother!
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Excellent book, engrossing, well narrated
A Room with a View, EM Forester. Another wonderful book to listen to while weaving
currently listening to:
BelCanto Author: Ann Patchett Date:22-MAY-2001 Narrator:Anna Fields Provider:Harper Audio

Finished Objects, Knit:
Joeys chemo blanket
Squares for Warming Grace
Moms b'day Lady E, finally fringed and beaded




taught Katie (stepdaughter #1) to knit. She sat down the day I taught her, and knit this hat. Start to finish at one sitting, Yarn: artyarns, needle size 7

Finished Objects Sewn:
valances and cafe curtains for son #1 apt, 12 windows
5 Bridesmaids dresses, completed
Mom's b'day skirt

currently on the machine: Sew Retro July project dress and pink cotton lawn dress

knitting needle cases for gifts








this is the prototype for the cases going into the Etsy shop. I have worked out several interiors - this is obviously the straight case. For Melanie for swap - the needles are mine. I must really make myself one of these too.

taught Katie (stepdaughter #1) to use sewing machine and directed her making 2 patchwork blankets for gifts for sorority roommate and "little sister"

Finished Object Weaving
see last post.

all in all July was a somewhat productive month.

Still have lots on needles, August should see the completion of many projects and finally some progress on Eliz I

and my dh is v worried, because I keep coming home with more of these type of books, but I'm so in love with this I think I have to order it.

stash acquisition in July was also a little out of hand, but Threadquarters closed doors forever July 30, and I took advantage of the 50% off sales she had.

8 comments:

Marina said...

somewhat productive month : an understatement, if I may say so. I need a rest after reading all your accomplishments!

my dh is v worried : I would be too. Is there something you would like to tell us?

stash acquisition ... a little out of hand : I looked & all I saw were gifts. Something you forgot to tell us?

Michellers said...

LoL! Anytime you feel the urge to have another "little one" around, I'll loan you mine!

Jennifer said...

WOW! You got so much done! Congratulations! :-)

AR said...

Jeeze, you've been busy! Yay, Katie. We love new knitters!! Have you taught a lot of people to knit, Marji?

Brigitte said...

I'd have to say that's a pretty productive month!! AND, you brought a new knitter into the fold. Now that's a VERY good thing!

Carrie K said...

Lady E looks good! You've got so much done! Good for you.

Ach. Poor Elizabeth. Mine might see some work, if I finish The Shell & Its Jacket.

Dianna said...

You put the rest of us to shame in the productivity department! Beautiful work!

Nancy said...

The entrelac wrap is fantastic! Silk Garden shown at its absolute best. Loads of beatiful FOs in fact. Thanks for sharing so much creativity.