Tuesday, July 18, 2006

a quickie

The Preview is Out, have you seen It yet? IMHO it's the best issue in a long long time, based upon previews, check it out

Fabulous package arrived from Lorinda for the purple colorswap - must get pics and post properly.

And I must acknowledge the super help I received from Kim (knittin Brit) today in trying to locate the book Poems of Color. I've switched my brioche class at stitches to the bohus knitting class. which class uses the above mentioned book - another Interweave Press casualty. If Interweave is only interested in printing books that have a huge demand, maybe they should not be publishing knitting and sewing books. Niche marketing rarely produces mass market demand. I had a lovely conversation this afternoon with Meg Swansen at Schoolhouse Press . What a lovely and helpful lady. She suggested that if enough knitters requested the book, Interweave might be amenable to another printing run.

and another one of those ubiquitous quizes. Only reason I'm posting it is I came out Red. If I'd come out any other color it wouldn't have been here ;)

You Are Apple Red

You're never one to take life too seriously, and because of it, you're a ton of fun.
And although you have a great sense of humor, you are never superficial.
Deep and caring, you do like to get to the core of people - to understand them well.
However, any probing you do is light hearted and fun, sometimes causing people to misjudge you.

9 comments:

Marina said...

I need to take it again. I got Red!

You gonna knit a Bohus? You're braver than I am ;-) I'm not going lower than the 3.25mm I'm using.

About the Vogue ... at least it's better than the multi-bobbles from a previous issue!

laura said...

maybe you could request poems of color through an interlibrary loan? i know the new york public library has at least 2 copies of it.

Elizabeth said...

About a year ago I let my subscription to VK lapse. My local branch library gets it, so I go have a sit-down gander and decide every time that it's not worth buying. This one might be different.

My branch library has Poems of Color and I think the group (South-Central Wisconsin Library System) has several.

Off to find out what color I am...

Elizabeth said...

I think everyone is Apple Red. How many options are there?

lorinda said...

You talked to the great ones daughter? Wow. I'm with you about out of print books. There are several I want but am not willing to pay a king's ransom for.

Bohus looks very cool. I want to learn how too.

And *blush* thanks for the nice compliments.

Janet said...

I just bought that book a couple of months ago at my LYS. I'll check to see if they have another and let you know.

Carrie K said...

The Quiz is What Color RED are you, so they're all shades of red. (I'm orange-red. Yay! A quiz. I love these things).

I've got Islands of the Day Before to read and I've never gotten around to it. Robin Maxwell is History Lite, and Speculative History Lite at that, but I like her anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hey KTC Swap Pal! I'm just waiting on one last thing before sending you your traveler. Just wanted to let you know!

Jae said...

I can't wait for my copy of VK. The past few have been mewh for me. This one I think will cause my mukbel list to grow by quite a bit.