Friday, July 21, 2006

Tempting neckline



















I'm almost to the point of needing to decide the neckline on this one. Problem is, I've never been enamoured of the neckline on the Tempting pattern.

















Marlene did a wonderful cable neckline (click on her pic to take you to her blog to see more pics and explanations. I could do something similar to what she did.



















Or I could knit on a lace yoke. I'm thinking something along the lines of Rowan Audrey (which is what I believe inspired these Tempting sweaters in the first place.)

What do you think?

And finally, for another of those ubiquitous quizes. thank Isabelle for this one. Says I despise Nerds, which isn't quite true since I'm married to one who would undoubtedly score a 99% nerd

I am nerdier than 9% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

13 comments:

Nanci said...

I'm 82 - "high nerd" LOL

BTW I love, love, love the first collar pic.

KSD said...

Oh, I like it as is. But, if you're uncomfortable, maybe lace over cabling. . .

Marina said...

How did you get a 9? I managed to get 43!!!

Definitely prefer the lace.

Becky said...

I'm loving all the variations on that neckline. I think both of those are really pretty, just depends on what would be most enjoyable to knit.

Yarn It said...

I think the cables are great but I also prefer the lace. I think it would look really pretty. Now off to take that nerd test!

Liz said...

Love both the variations on the neckline, and I am with you on not loving the original one, but I would lean towards the lace finish yoke, it adds a really delicate quality to the sweater.

Paula said...

I really like the cabled neckline!

Love your blog.
sorry I was away for so long.

Carrie K said...

I like the lacy one the best, but the original and the cabled one are nice.

I managed to get a 53.

Jae said...

This will probably come as a shock, but I like the lacey one best. ;)

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I'm voting for the lacey one!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I scored a 22 on the nerd scale. I'd email them and complain that their scoring is off, but I think that would make me an even bigger nerd - that I cared.

Oh well, I'll at least be encouraged by the fact that my husband would score at least a 90%.

Shannon said...

I like both possibilities. I've never been drawn to the tempting sweaters for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

I scored a "7". I have too many kids to be a nerd. I think the lace neckline is prettier, but the cable neckline is more wearable. Surprise! Denise.