my 10 favorite yarns: (sometimes whatever I happen to be knitting with at the time)
- the Polwarth wool and silk blend I'm knitting Liz with right now. LOVE this stuff. from Rovings
- Classic Elite Inca Alpaca
- Blue Sky alpaca silk
- mercerized cotton - right now I'm knitting with the old Classic Elite Newport cotton, lovely stuff (discontinued). I also really like the 4 ply cottons that have so many plies - I know, I'm crazy, but I do like the cottons. love Karabella Zodiac too - color selection is gorgeous.
- Plymouth Royal Bamboo - lovely sheen and drape - a bear to knit with though as there is NO margin for mistakes.
- Karabella Aurora 8
- Manos del Uruguay stria cotton - like buttah
- the old Rowanspun 4 ply - discontinued
- E Lavold silky wool
- Jo Sharp silkroad aran
note: I've never knit with Jamiesons or J&S or some of the more traditional aran and gansey yarns. Or its been so long that I don't remember knitting with them
least favorite yarns
- Rowan Calmer
- Classic Elite le Gran mohair
- Noro Shinano (do not love most Noro yarns just because of the spin and twist
- most single ply bulky yarns. I just prefer yarns with plies and better definition
it'll be interesting to see how this list changes in the next year, as I work my way through some of my stash of yarns I've not worked with before.
what do you like/dislike? take this to your blog if you like