Wednesday, August 09, 2006

meeting Elizabeth


I met Elizabeth yesterday. What a nice and gracious lady she is. Pics of us together at Lakeside Fibers are on her blog. I've got pics onto my computer but will have to wait for a better connection to get them to blogger.
Anyway, we had a lovely lunch, and sat and talked, and she let me drag out all these projects I had with me, and gave me some valuable advice re the knitting needle cases, and the black alpaca/silk cardi that I messed up the armscye shaping on about 10 rows back. We talked about design, about pricing your own work, and she showed me the project she is working on now, as a submission for knitty. Watch her blog and check out the next issue of knitty. Surprises are in store, And, I really think the design she's working on is perfect for the yarn and for the submission requirement/issue . I also am enamored of the cardi that she put into the latest issue of the Garter Belt.
I was also like a kid in a candy store in such a wonderful yarn shop. I was good though, only came away with the newest issue of Vogue Knitting (not as wonderful in real life as I thought on the previews) and the latest issue Rowan Magazine (which I found I liked well enough to buy, which I cannot say about the last issue), as well as some pony pearl dpn's in size 7 for one of my classes this weekend. I realized Tues that I didn't have size 7 dpn's.

Reading/Listening to:
I finished listening to Bel Canto Monday while knitting up all my samples. :) Swatches are all done for Stitches. I started listening to Bel Canto while still at home last week, and realized that the book I was listening to and the book that I am actually reading (still the Lyre of Orpheus), both have storylines that revolve around opera. Found myself wanting some opera, so on the drive up Sunday I listened to La Traviata, complete, uninterrupted. Today I've been listening to some Andrea Bocelli. That man has a voice that would melt butter. Now I'm going back to listening to the rest of Elizabeth and Mary, the biography by Jane Dunn.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Bel Canto was an interesting read.

It was so great to meet you! I hope we can do it again before too much time.

Have a great time at Stitches!

lorinda said...

Have fun at Stitches! Running to Elizabeth's blog to check out her stuff!

AR said...

How lucky to meet in person! Sounds like you had fun.

Brigitte said...

Have a great time at Stitches!

We're off today for another perfect Saturday of sailing... :)