Monday, September 04, 2006

Summer Reading challenge wrapup (weekend wrapup to come)

  • Dark Angels
    well well well, Karleen Koen has finally come out with the third in the Trilogy that began with Through a Glass Darkly, and it is a prequel. I first read TaGD 20 years ago (no way!), when it was released in 1986. If you like historical romance fiction, this rates right up there with the best. Seems to me that 20 years is a long long time to take to write 3 books, but, I ordered my copy of Dark Angels and it came from Amazon on Saturday. Review to come. looks like it is the story of the Grandmother / Matriarch. I loved the historical detail, and the story, can't wait to finally finish Lyre of Orpheus and Move On.



    Summer REading Challenge wrap up: I didn't get read what was on my list - in fact I only read 2 of them, but I did get some interesting books read, and listened to more than I ever have. I'm really liking listening to audiobooks.


    this was The PLAN
    Umberto Eco The Island of the Day Before
    Wallace Stegner Angle of Repose
    Wallace StegnerCrossing to Safety
    Bronte, Wuthering Heights
    Elie Weisel Night
    Susan Kay, Legacy
    Rosalind Miles I, Elizabeth

    Actually Read/Listened to:
    1. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
    2. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte, Audible.com audiobooks
    3. Legacy, Susan Kay, hardcover
    4. The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn, Robin Maxwell, paperback.
    5. The Ocean Between Us, Susan Wiggs, audiobook,
    6. Dissolution, C.J. Sansome, audiobook
    7. Twilight, Katherine Mosby, paperback 291 pages
    8. A Room with a View, E.M. Forster, audiobook
    9. Bel Canto, Ann Patchett, audiobook
    10. Plain Truth, Jodi Picoult, audiobook
    11. The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco, audiobook
    12. The French Lietenants Woman, John Fowles, audiobook

    Currently reading / listening to:
    Elizabeth and Mary,cousins, Rivals, Queens Jane Dunn, audiobook audible.com 30+ hours
    Helen of Troy, Margaret George, audiobook, 30+hours
    Lyre of Orpheus, Robertson Davies, hardcover

    Recently moved to the list of books I really would like to add to my library:

    Latvian Mittens

    2 comments:

    Elizabeth said...

    I love Latvian Mittens, too. I keep getting it from our public library, but I really need my own copy.

    KSD said...

    Did you like Bel Canto? I'll reserve stating my opinion until I know yours.