Tuesday, September 19, 2006

tootsies

















Well, it's a good thing I don't knit socks, else I would be sorely tempted to knit these beauties and join this Knit along...
(oops, I Did join that KAL) (shush! I have a pair of socks to knit since I took that class, bought that kit, and started that toe, and I figured I might as well make it a deadline and set some organization to them)


And Jae and I are each going to live to be 500, just so's we can finish all the projects we plan and buy for. Anyone else want to join us in the cinqtagenarian set?

meanwhile, I'm still up sleeve island without a paddle - on to the last sleeve of Liz.
Kim asked if I got bored knitting a back and front the same as each other for Liz - nope, they went fast and were interesting, as compared to this endless stockinette of the sleeves. O.ne. M.o.r.e. S.l.e.e.v.e ... endless

ETA; you have got to go to Mama-E's site today (she who dyes all the yarns) and visit her little rendition of how she and Lolly (she who started Project Spectrum and is now hosting Socktoberfest) celebrate Wednesdays.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Socktoberfest is so much fun -- seeing everyone's socks. That's a good way to motivate yourself to get those toe-ups done, too.

I hope I can get DH's socks done so I can make some for me again. :)

Elizabeth said...

Me too. I need to live to 500, too! It's the only hope.

Carrie K said...

It really is going to be necessary to live that long to finish all these projects, isn't it? I'm in.

Oh pish. One last sleeve? I've got all but the back edging to go.

Pretty socks.

Brigitte said...

I think I'll have to do front - arm - back - arm to keep the boredom at bay with Elizabeth...

AR said...

That is a cute pattern. I guess with all of the things I have to finish, and all of the new patterns I really want to do, I'll have to live to be 500, too. Sheesh!

Lorraine The Knitting Hammy said...

Marji- I'm all for the living to 500 thing- as long as there are no mirrors around.

Jennifer said...

I need to live to 500 too, just to work through the stash...

sillyewe said...

Awww, thanks !Maybe I should join the Tudor KAL.......Eliz is a blast. Yours looks terrific. Sleeve island....yes..I have sleeves to knit on Luskentyre, Rhinegold, Little Rivers, and my Season.....I think I must first admit that I have a problem. What's the next step? I saw those lovely socks as well. Aren't they great? I have a soft spot for traveling stitches...although the graphs scare me for some reason.

Lolly said...

Your blue sock is just lovely, Marji! :) and thank you so much for joining Socktoberfest. I can hardly wait ;)

Wasn't that video AWESOME? I laughed so hard! E and I like to dance!

DeeAnn said...

I'm with Lorraine on the mirrors! And I'll be 486 before I finish my current sweater so yeah, I'm in for the big 5-0-0.

Socktoberfest was great last year, I'm glad Lolly was up to doing it again this year. That video was hilarious! So funny :)

Have you cast on for that luscious cable sock yet?