Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm back

Conspicuous Consumption
Conspicuous consumption

Hi to anyone who still occasionally checks to see if I'm still on planet Earth. I've been gone for 2 weeks, thought I might have internet access while I was gone, but that turned out not to be the case.
I left here Sept 27 with my friend Sharron, (dh couldn't get the time off and it would have been an entirely different kind of trip if he had), to do the circle tour of MIchigan.
Spent 4 days sewing at my moms, working on the Chanel style jackets that I wove the fabric for.




While in Detroit we did some damage at the Fabric stores in Royal Oak, and got to run up to Heritage Spinning and Fibers in Lake Orion and catch up with Jae.

From there we went to my brother Daves, by way of the outlets at Birch Run and then Threadbear Fiberarts in Lansing. Acquired shoes and a handbag at BCBG and a Christmas Gift for son#1 at an unnamed store (in the unlikely event he is reading this, it shall remain a mystery), and finally broke down and bought the yarn for Marina
Saw my 4 month old niece Sophie, and got to spend a morning visiting with my SIL Wendy. She is an awesome mom of 4 other kids besides Sophie, and a real gift to our family and my brother. Sophie is the prettiest baby - Dark black hair and the most expressive face I've ever seen on an infant. Only one pic was taken in our very brief stay there, which is of me holding Sophie, and I will post it when I get a copy. (Wendy, ?? please email)
From there we proceeded to Mackinac Island for one night, and it turns out every pic we took was on Sharrons cameras. It was a gorgeous unseasonably warm day up there - temp got up to 70. Colors were fabulous.
Onward on Wed to Sault Ste Marie to see my son Daniel and his roomies, all of whom graduate soon. DSCN2540

More later on remainder of trip.

When I got home last night there was a fabulous package awaiting me from Australia!
this is a teaser - come back tomorrow to see the particulars.
Right now I've got to run.
I hope to catch up on blogs in the next couple of days.
Missed all my blog friends.
M
ETA: that rather impressive pile of silky tweed and silky wool at the top right hand of CC pic is designated for

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great trip.

My mom grew up in Royal Oak.

Marina said...

You bought yarn for me? How lovely! If you're asking, I've come to the conclusion that I like VY's jacket best.

That's quite a pile of Silky Tweed. I still have not tried that.

Sounds like a great, fun trip catcing up with family and shopping!!!

Jae said...

So what is the stole that you are going to knit with Silky Tweed? Did you tell me and I just was too busy counting Noro skeins?

BTW, I haven't casted on yet. But it is sitting in a pile on my coffee table urging me on to finish a couple deadline knits.

Donni said...

Would it be wrong of me to say your son is a HUNK! If so blame it on your haul - made me not able to think straight....heh heh.

lorinda said...

Welcome back! Love all the yarn you bought.

Becky said...

Looks like you had a great trip in many ways. That is a nice haul of yarn, etc. Glad you are back!

Jennifer said...

What a fun trip you had! I love that handbag.

AR said...

Yay! Welcome home. It sounds like you had a great trip! Great pictures, too!!

patsijean said...

I grew up in the Thumb of Michigan , transplanted to Nashville, TN. Still miss MI. Have been trying to get hubby to take me back home for a trip like yours. Isn't Mackinac Island wonderful? Did you stay at the Grand Hotel and get pampered within an inch of your life?

Brigitte said...

So...what about those shoes and the handbag I see in the picture??!

Glad you're home and you had a good trip.

Carrie k said...

OOOO, look at that stash! Well, stash now.

Glad you're back home!