Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Weather



The weather? She's going to talk about the weather? You've got to be kidding!
no, really, I am.
See those footprints in the sand. I took that picture last Friday morning, on the beach, on Lake Michigan. Those footprints belong to a toddler who was there playing with his parents standing by.
Unless you've spent many a November in the cold northern hemisphere, you can't appreciate the significance of those bare little toe-prints in the sand.
it was gorgeous.

We had a great time.
now I give you pictures of my 'toddlers'
IMG_1415

IMG_1218

my babies are well.
today my dad is having surgery. We are all assuming it will go well.

Days end, from the deck.

11 comments:

Donni said...

I'll be thinking of your Dad Marji - hope all goes well.

Jennifer said...

Sending good surgery vibes for your dad.

One's children are always one's babies, eh? I'm sure I'll feel the same way when my little ones become young adults.

Becky said...

What a sweet day, hanging with your kids. Those are special times. Hope your dad's surgery goes well and he is back to normal very quickly.

AR said...

Best wishes for your dad! Hope everything turns out well.

How the heck do kids grow up so fast?
Great pictures. If I ever moved, I would miss the Lake like crazy!

Marina said...

Are you trying to distract us from the lack of knitting pictures? Where's the Vittadini lace cardigan and the completed Elizabeth?

Hope everything goes OK with your dad's op.

Anne said...

Thinking of you and your dad - I hope all went well.

Brigitte said...

Glad you had a great trip! Welcome back!

I really hope all goes well with your Dad.

michellers said...

Fabulous pics as always Marji. I'm adding my good vibes to everyone elses for your dad.

xxoo
Michelle

Jae said...

Oooh, I can so appreciate bare feet in November! Gorgeous pics all around!

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your dad.

Carrie K said...

Hope it did go well for your Dad! As expected.

Toddler footprints on sand in Michigan? Yowza! It's too cold on our beaches here in CA.

Awww. Your toddlers are so cute.

Lynne said...

Hey Marji...where on Lake Michigan? We go every summer to the Holland area at Macatawa. We'll be waiting for an update on your dad.