Saturday, December 16, 2006

Finishing

Good Saturday AM.
The dress is finished, however I'm not going to put it on to take pics until I have occasion to dress and put on hosiery and do something with my hair - sorry, vanity wins here. ;)

Today is the day that I am going to:
1. make some cookie dough (the girls and I will be baking tomorrow)
2. pick up the thousand or so stitches to knit the ruffle around front edges and neckline of the Vittadini cardi - I got the hem ruffle done last week - and it is as cute as anything could be. It literally transforms this lace cardi. Admittedly, I've been dragging my feet on finishing this - today is the day to Just Do It (in the words that Nike made famous)
3. Attend a company-type Christmas party tonight.



Next sewing project on the table: I'm copying a Marc Jacobs jacket that I archived photos on a year ago. The jacket was for sale at Neiman Marcus for around $2500. I just realized the pics of it are on my desktop computer, so I'll have to edit this post to upload them later. Stay tuned.
fabric for the MJ jacket

15 comments:

Marina said...

Does that mean that it wasn't ready on the 7th? Are you going to wear it tonight?

I really hope we get to see the Vittadini one day ;-)

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Glad to hear that you are getting some projects finished up. I'm looking foward to seeing the picture of the dress.

Jennifer said...

Good luck on picking up all those stitches!

Brigitte said...

By the time the lace cardi is done, I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the results! I'm still looking to try my hand at making it... Looking forward to the pictures!

Carrie said...

That is so cool that you're copying a $2500 jacket! You make me want to pull out my sewing machine again. I haven't been much into the machine since I started knitting, and my daughter says she misses it =) I'm so looking forward to seeing your work!

AR said...

I can't wait to see the dress, and now the jacket, too!!

Becky said...

That is a fantastic jacket design! You are quite an inspiration.

Jae said...

Love, love, love the jacket! I can't wait to see the finished product.

sherry said...

Oh, that will be utterly stunning!!!!

Carrie K said...

That Marc Jacobs jacket is stunning!

Congrats on finishing the dress, and here's to finishing the cardi quickly.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I am definitely adding you to my must read list! Can't wait to see this creation!!

Btw, thanks for all the help on PR. I haven't ordered that fabric yet, but God willing, I definitely will asap!

Anonymous said...

Your fabric looks great and will make up into a great MJ jacket knock off.

Lorraine said...

Oh Marji- I sure hope you lead the kind of life that you can wear all these stunning clothes. When I grow up I want to be like you.

Terri said...

Wow Marji! That jacket is fabulous! I'm so impressed with all your talents!

Mercy's Mama said...

That jacket is gorgeous! Can't wait to see your version.