Wednesday, December 20, 2006

An FO, and some other domestic stuff


Pattern: Adrienne Vittadini
Yarn: customers own mohair, knit double holding 2 strands together, single for ruffle
Needle: addi turbo size 7, Holz and Stein rosewood size 6 for ruffle
cast on Oct 3, 2006, Completed Dec 19, 2006

More pics
Cardi neckline
cardi close-up
This was possibly the most frustrating pattern I've ever worked with. Those who've been following this blog for awhile know that I had to sit down and chart the whole thing in order to "continue in pattern" while shaping. The pattern brackets for the repeats were not intuitive and didn't follow the diamond of the chart - drove me nuts until I charted it. Brigitte started it and quit because of same. Brigitte, email me your address again and I'll send you the charts.
Also, there is a pattern error in the ruffle on row 3.
But it is Done --- doing the happy dance. And now I can get back to finishing my Liz,
Liz progress 8.31.06, before casting on for my Dale, in January.
What's been going on around our house?
decorating
IMG_1546IMG_1551IMG_1550IMG_1547

and baking

IMG_1525

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I was one of those who wasn't too sure about the Mohair but now that it's blocked, I've got to admit that it looks pretty d@mn good.

The tree is marvelous and the cookies look yummy. Send some over as we've finished all the short bread I made with 10lbs. of butter!

Rebekah said...

Well it may have been frsutrating, but it sure is beautiful.

I'm so excited I finally got a Tudor Roses book, but haven't actually received it yet, it's being shipped from Canada. That sweater is absolutely beautiful your working on.

Can't wait for the 20th, Dale ahoy!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Too bad you had to rework the pattern, but you ended up with a great garment. Pretty color, too!

Carrie K said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your place!

Frustrating maybe, but that is one gorgeous cardi.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Marji! I'm jealous of your client!

Fab tree as well!

Anonymous said...

You Go Marji! Great work on that. And now you can get back to your regularly scheduled life.

Posting anonymously so blogger won't eat my post.
Elizabeth M.

Jennifer said...

Oh, the Adrienne sweater is gorgeous, even though it was frustrating.

Those cookies look delicious!

lorinda said...

Stunning, Marji, simply stunning. So glad you persevered.

Merry Christmas!

Becky said...

You're amazing! The sweater is gorgeous. And so are your decorations!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Marji, it really did turn out better than I thought mohair would! You did such a wonderful cardi! And that tree...and those cookies...(and love the swag as well). Well, I will give it a go - here's my address - bdepocas@rogers.com.

jae said...

The cardi looks wonderful!! Now I can't wait for Liz.

Your tree looks lovely. I love seeing how everyone decorates for the holidays. It is always so festive!

AR said...

Great sweater!

Your tree looks huge, and beautiful!

Happy Holidays!!!!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

The cardi looks lovely!
The tree looks, as I would expect from you, stunning.
Cookies and kids look great!

You've been getting so much accomplished in so many different areas.

I took a look at some of your other flickr pic's - the dress you took a pic off in your dining room looks amazing.

If we don't chat/email before - have a wonderful christmas. It's been a real delight getting to know you this year.

Anonymous said...

Your cardi looks great! I had the same frustration with that pattern and had to do the same thing though I got so frustrated with it in the fall that it's been at the bottom of a basket since. If you don't mind sharing, I'd sure like to see the charting you did. I did some work with some graph paper but a "second opinion" would be great.

Anonymous said...

Your cardigan is breathtaking! Congrats on solving the various problems and completing such a difficult project! You are an inspiration!