Wednesday, January 10, 2007

more eye candy

Eye Candy More Chihuly glass




No project pics - there has been production and activity, just nothing that I've gotten the camera out for. I'm working on my own stuff exclusively for a change. No client work but that will change soon enough.

I'm taking this time to work on projects that are on the UFO list. I'm feeling stressed by the volume, and that is not good. This week Marina sent me an email, starting with the comment Face it, Marji, you've got too much on your plate! and you know, it was like getting hit between the eyes with a sledgehammer. She is so right! (you are right Marina, sorry about quoting you without telling you first...but you've hit it dead on).

This has led me to make a decision that I know is the right thing. I'm going to delay my Dale. I've got 2 scarf/stole projects on the needles that are gifts, one will be finished tonight, the other I need to have finished by Jan 29.

I'm still knitting back up the first sleeve on Liz, and I have a hat to knit for ds Mark and another to knit for ds Daniel. (dh isn't going to get his hat this winter to go with his foul weather gear - it can Wait). Then I'd like to finish up the Drops cardi in that awesome BlueSky alpaca silk , and I'd like to get the yoke on the red cotton cardi. As much as I'd like to start a Dale of Norway sweater, I just think it would be plain stupid right now. Not to mention the fact that I'd need to buy yarn to go with the Dale Tiur I already have to do any of the patterns I have up for consideration. So, I'm still considering, but I'm going to be a voyeur in the Dale KAL, instead of an active participant.

I did pick up the new Vogue knitting. (late to the party again) At first glance the Only design I found interesting enough to want to do was the New York noir cardigan jacket. Has anyone else seen anything in there that I'm just not getting that is fabulous?

The new Burda collection is out too. I'm really liking this jacket. Meanwhile, I'm still working on my version of this jacket by Marc Jacobs. (yellow lines are drawn on picture by me).

I'm also working on the next pair of pants. I wore the black pair yesterday that I made just before going to Boston in November - they are too big !Yes!. I'll need to take them in before we go to Chicago in Feb.

I need to catch up on blog reading and commenting too. take care my friends. Stay warm.

12 comments:

Mary, Mary... said...

I've got that same Colinette scarf on the needles--future gift, I think. I LOVE the Chihuly glass pieces--I need a plastic knock-off for my backyard.;)

Becky said...

You really do have plenty to do! It sounds like you have a very good plan to get it done, too.

tatjana said...

my goodness! I can't imagine how you manage. I'm such a scatter brain, I can't keep track of half as many projects. I absolutely *adore* that Marc Jacobs - I'm such a sucker for a really feminine jacket. And yes, do get the yoke done on the red cardigan, it's just too cute to not be worn ;D

Anonymous said...

I love that jacket as well from VK as well...

I've decided to be a Dale KAL lurker as well, I have far too much on my plate as well. Not to mention some fabulous things to knit up waiting in the wings. Love that shawl, by the way. Where is it from?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that helped ;-) I do get stressed when I have too many WIPs and it always helps to weed them & prioritize what's left.

I need to get that VK.

Lorraine said...

Marji- There are no pressures, just join in when you can. If you do too much it becomes a chore, not a pleasure.
That darned Marina- she's always right!

Jennifer said...

That is a gorgeous piece of glass!

I think that's a good decision about the Dale. Knitting is not supposed to be stressful, so knit what feels right.

AR said...

What neat pictures. Knit what feels good to you. I am amazed by the sewing, though. I can't wait to see your jacket.

bev said...

Lurk, but please leave comments when and where you please! Luv Liz! Gotta have, want, covet!

Carrie K said...

What? You needed Marina to point it out? But then again, it's easy to get carried away. Better to have fun with the KAL's and the projects than to feel like you're in a race you can't win.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

As is often the case, Marina is right. You have way too much on your plate. I had made a similar decision with the Dale KAL and was stressing over which project to start, then realized that I had two non-completed ones that I should finish first before digging in deeper.

My best friends mum always used to say "if in doubt, don't!" It was always excellent advice and I find applies well to knitting too.

The glass exhibit looked beautiful.

DeeAnn said...

Love the glass! What beautiful photos.

Your project list makes *me* stress! So I'd have to agree with Marina on that one :)