Monday, February 12, 2007

Lost and Found

Marks Hat, knit on train on way to and from Chicago weekend of Feb 2-4

Pattern: Watch Cap knit on size 6 addi turbo
110 stitches, 1x1 ribbing,
Yarn: Black Jaeger Matchmaker Aran and grey 1824 wool


You know how it is when you try to organize everything, keep track of what is where, weed out the fluff every once in awhile, and keep on top of things?
Well, I've been doing a lot of that lately. Spent most of January cleaning, culling, organizing, putting away. I now feel I have space I can work in well.

But it seems I've organized myself right out of being able to find the One issue of VK knitting that I like the best of all the issues of the last 5 years. I've knit one sweater from it already, and want to knit at least 3 more projects from that issue. (yeah, I know, with the rate I finish things it's not that critical). I'm working on the sleeves to the DB ruffle cardi (from the Cashmere collection), however I've reached that stage with this project where I'm more interested in planning the next project while finishing this one. So, I'm turning my house upside down looking for the magazine. What did I Do with it?




Speaking of organizing. I put all of my past issues of Threads in numerical order.
Geeze. I've been bidding on ebay for Threads issue #14 , for at least 6 months - always losing it as it gets up past $35.
well, good thing!. I own it. I own issues 1-17, then hit and miss until issues 110 or so, then I have all of them again.
Crazy. Issue 14 has an article in it by and about Herself, so it always goes for too much, but what I really wanted was the cover article about the gloves.
So, now to find the missing issue of VK.

BTW, does anyone else find they own multiple issues of the same publications? I found at least 5 multiples. Best keep better track in the future.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Nice hat. I think hats are the best travel knitting for me.
And thanks for reminding me that I need to organize my yarn. It's amazing what we find that we've forgotten!

Brigitte said...

Oh, I do have multiple issues...not sure how that happens!

And I do have the VK magazine *ahem*... :) I love the shawl you have pictured too.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

The hat looks great. Of course, it's not HIS hat, but I'm sure he loves you all the same.

I, too, have found multiple issues of mag's, and have started to become more discriminatory regarding which issues I purchase.

Marina said...

I'm sorry but those cables look like they want to strangle the model ;-) Geez, I don't even have any of the Threads magazine. Only ones I like are Interweave and Rowan, which I've actually given up!

Adrienne " A little dramatic at times" said...

LOVE that wrap! And those cables...wow!!!

Lorraine said...

Marji- That shawl is amazing- is it from Threads?
I also have been known to purchase duplicates of magazines and books- makes me feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes.

Jae said...

I do hope you find that issue. It was one of the better ones they have published. So far I don't have duplicates though I have come close a few times.

DeeAnn said...

Oh I hope you find the issue, that wrap is beautiful, I like the jaeger sweater (if the ribbing wasn't so tight) and the 40's styling on the cable jacket makes me miss my 20's. Couldn't find anything svelte and flat bosomed in the 80's except in the vintage resale stores - not so anymore ;)

I don't have any duplicates but if you feel a need to put yours up on ebay give us all a shout!

Jennifer said...

I've got that same issue of Threads. My husband's great aunt gifted it to me when she found out I knit and spun.

Carrie K said...

Does it have the pattern in it? I've got one of those cobbled together books with those gloves in it.

Mostly I pick up duplicates but so far [knocks on wood] no threes, fours or fives. I think.