Saturday, March 31, 2007

Stitches Midwest

Well, it's a darn good thing I've got friends who keep on top of things for me, since, Somehow, I managed to totally space out that reservations needed to be made and classes need to be signed up for for Stitches Midwest. Thank you Jae :)

so, having gotten on the web, and realizing how many classes are Full already ... fully 2/3 of the classes offered, I made some decisions. Last year, Jae, Kim and I went, and while we had the best of times, we all agreed we signed on for Wayyy too many classes and events. This year, Jae has signed up for 2 classes, Kim is cutting back, with decisions to be made this evening, and I'm signed up to take one, albeit a 12 hr class from Beth Brown-Reinsel on Danish knitting.

We're also cutting back on the fashion shows and dinners. Amazingly enough, we hope to have some time to sit and chat and knit...sounds like fun doesn't it?
Carrie, might you really be able to make it? I know there was some thought along those lines awhile ago.
Anyone else signed up already? Anyone else contemplating it that needs to be convinced one way or the other?
Lorraine and Brigitte? Marina?
Imagine the bowled-over audience if we could convince Marina to come and bring 12 months worth of sweaters for the Student show. Wouldn't that be something?!? Marina, could you even consider it?

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Marji- It just might be doable. Let me check the dates- I'd really love to meet you. It would be so much fun.

Brigitte said...

It sounds fantastic, and if Lorraine can make it, I'm there too!

Carrie said...

Darn. I must not be 'that' Carrie, because I don't know about the Stitches Midwest event, but it sounds like fun! And, yeah, someone lean on Marina. That would be cool if she could bring sweaters. I'm off to Google Stitches Midwest!

Marina said...

I don't think I can make it :-( We're going to ME. end of July and it makes sense to return through PA for his uncle's 99th birthday. But, you gals have fun and bring back lots of pictures!

Carrie said...

The Knit-Off Competition is from the Yarn Monkey, and we're headed toward round 4! It's very brave of her to host this kind of thing. I hear she's done sock wars in the past =)

Lorraine said...

Hey Marji- Sorry to do this one your comments, but could you e-mail me at chowchops@gmail.com?

Donyale said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Me.
Want.
To.
Come.
To.
but.
too.
far.
away.
for.
me.
to.
get.
to.
:(

Carrie K said...

I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking about it! It does sound like fun. Think I can finish Liz by then? Mary T would be Too. Darn. Hot.

And my, my, you've been busy! Another blog too? It all looks so fabulous.