Monday, May 21, 2007

Rites of Passage


Another Grad in the family.
Lauren (she of the prom dress) has graduated High School and is heading to Univ South Carolina in the fall.
The honors cords around her neck are for Language Arts and Foreign Languages.



(mom, click on the pick to make it larger, and you'll notice that the necklace she's wearing is one that was yours, a generation ago.)


Another Passage.
My old Sussman Iron is giving up the ghost. This iron is older than Lauren. It's served me well. But I'm afraid it's time to retire it.
As replacements I've considered a steam generator iron like a Reliable, but truth is, I don't think I want to make that kind of investment in an iron at this point in time.
So I'm looking for another gravity feed iron.
What do you use? What do you like or not like about what you use?
Looking for input here.
Thanks,

9 comments:

Romi said...

Big congratulations! :)

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Congratulations on Lauren's graduation! Doesn't time just seem like its flying now?

Laura said...

Hi, Marji, missed you in the blogosphere :)
Congratulations for Lauren's graduation. Her necklace is gorgeous. She's gorgeous!
LauraLo

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on the graduation!

Tany said...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! She looks so happy (she is beautiful!)!!

Lorraine said...

Wow Marji- Another big event in the family- congratulations Lauren.

I just use a regular old Black & Decker Steam Iron- I buy one a year.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awww - congrats again! :) You must be beaming.

So what's your dream iron? The Digital Velocity? I'm in the market, and looking to invest...While I'm asking, any reccs for an ironing board?
- mamapicklejuice

Connie Bontje said...

What a lovely graduate- our Lauren graduates from High School in a couple of weeks!