Monday, June 18, 2007

Another for the queue

Blog bopping has brought more ideas
edit, ok, just for Lorraine, how about if I say I've been bopping around the internet looking at knitting blogs? Does that work ;)
How about an informal vote:
Which of the next 4 cotton cardis are your preference? I like them all, and am really in the mood to start something cotton. Sorry, but it is just too freaking hot here to knit with wool. Can't even handle it.

choose: number 1 (the Red), Number 2 (the Orange), number 3 (the ice cream cone), or number 4, (the lilac)

click on the pic to link to the pattern/designers website























or Tangerine Twist that is up at the current Knitty.com (click on the pic to get to the pattern)



or there are these two from Rowan that have been in my queue for quite some time





BTW, if you haven't seen it yet;
Jae has finished her design for the palawan peacock shawl. It's awesome. And I get to see it in person in August. ;)


And a post-script:
The pattern Fifi that I referenced last post, The really interesting cabled pullover, IF you like it yourself, and IF you think you want to knit it...better find the pattern NOW.

Sexy Knitters Club is voting right now on the next design they want to knit, and Fifi is so far the front runner, and unless some big upset happens it will win. Since this pattern is only avail from brick and mortar stores, and of the stores I looked at websites for this morning, only one had it in stock (Jimmy Beans Wool and their shipping is $4 for a $6.50 pattern), it is going to be one rare bird. That is, unless the powers that be over at SKC are able to make arrangements for the pattern to become avail online as a download - they have quite a bit of purchasing power, so who knows. If it remains a pattern that you must buy a print copy of though, there are going to be quite a few who're unhappy over there.
I called several stores this AM from the list of retailers that stock French Girl patterns, and finally found a store that had the pattern in stock, in Chicago. I bought the pattern they had.
Anyway, moral is, if you want it, better buy it now.

lagniappe;
have you seen/heard this?



25 comments:

Lorraine said...

Marji- You're so funny. Blog "bopping"? It means something else up here.

Elizabeth said...

You might want to resize that picture a bit!

The cardigan is lovely!

I've been admiring the orange one in the new Knitty.

Lorraine said...

(Laughing)- it's still funny!

You can pull off any color- so whatever you choose, I'm sure it will look great.

Brigitte said...

So funny, I have #2 in my queue as well!

But, I'm partial to Rowan (so elegant) so my vote is #4. I love the edge detail.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I like #1 or #2 - just because they both look light and airy! As for the not knitting crack *smile* I can appreciate what you make even if I can't do it myself! *LOL*

Beth said...

Orange sweater gets my vote--#2--tangerine twist.

Crystal said...

I vote for 3 or 4. 1 is great, too, but I just love Rowan designs - I have #3 in my queue, too, but I don't have the pattern for 4, sadly.

Nanci said...

I vote for #2, the orange.

Elizabeth said...

I'm going with the orange, too. When the new Knitty loaded, I liked that one right away. (Which rarely happens to me.)

Tany said...

My favorite is the red! All of them are beautiful though!

Bex said...

Number 4! The edging is great!

Mardel said...

Well, I like 'em all. I am partial to the hem detail in the lilac Rowan, that one is in my queue also and I like both the orange and the red. The red is my favorite though, for now, so I vote for that one. The orange is nice, but I don't like the sleeves at least as they are photographed. I think I would modify them slightly.

J said...

I like both the red and the ice cream cone better than the other two. I'd vote for the red first, followed by the ice cream cone.

And lagniappe-wise, wasn't that incredible? I was NOT expecting to hear that.

Jennifer said...

I like the orange one from Knitty.

I bought Fifi from Jimmy Beans, but I also bought some other stuff, so I justified the shipping. ;-)

Patricia said...

Is the pattern still available for the Rowan with the ice cream cone? I could see myself in that one - with the ice cream of course :-)

Marji said...

with the Ice Cream, of course!
Agnes is from Rowan 35
Lisette, the lilac colored Rowan I've listed here is from Rowan 36

Gaylen said...

I like all of them, but am leaning myself toward Tangerine Twist from Knitty! I also really like Fifi - maybe I need to join that SKC - they pick some fab patterns! g

Linda said...

I like #4. I like them all actually, but #4 is the one that hit me the most. For some reason I have been wanting to knit more than sew lately too. There must be something in the air.

Linda said...

I also wanted to say thank you for looking for my coveted pattern. It was nice of you to do that for me. How lucky you were to find some OOP patterns. That is always a good feeling when that happens.

Donyale said...

Hey Marji - funny we must be on the same wave length - I am liking the Tangerine Twist too - so much so that I had listed some cotton on ebay, clicked on the new knitty, saw it and took the cotton off ebay so I could knit it.

Weirdly - I also linked to that British singer a day or two ago - it's really really popular.

Romi said...

Door #4. :)

Carrie K said...

I vote for #4.

And bopping doesn't get me half as bad as balling for bawling. They're not the same! Argh!

jae said...

I vote for #1, but I can see I'm in the minority. Looking forward to Stitches. Thanks for the accolades! (taking a humble bow)

Becky said...

Glad you got your Fifi pattern before the rush starts. I decided that I just don't have time for one more thing on my list!

michellers said...

#1--I like the definition at the waist.