Thursday, June 14, 2007

knitting

Right now my sewing energy is very low. I keep planning sewing time, then finding something else to do...or getting something done but the going is slower than molasses and it feels a chore.

Meanwhile, my energy for knitting and yarn seems to be waxing again.
So, for a couple of weeks anyway, I think I'm going to go with the flow and work on some yarn projects, and just let the sewing room languish.
Finally, today I am setting up the blocking board/pad and will block out the purple DB ruffle cardi that I'd finished knitting at least a month ago, and also will block Liz (Ya, I know, late late late). And, I'll finish crocheting the second side of the pink/grey skirt.

Meanwhile, in the planning stages


I think I've found the project for that Rowan calmer that I knit TemptingII from last year, then unravelled the whole at Stitches Midwest with Jae and Kim as witnesses.
The pattern: Fifi by FrenchGirl


two examples out there as FO's in blogland
Nonnah's and This one by Margaux


Another project that intrigues:

13 comments:

LMH said...

That's how I'm feeling too--sewing seems like pulling teeth--too involved, and all I want to do is curl up with knitting and zone out. I'm starting a Bohus sweater (well, I'm swatching for one)& I hope I'll finally be able to answer the question you left a rather embarrassingly (for me, anyway) long time ago.

toya said...

I feel like that too, wow,, it is so easy for me to just pick up my project and start knitting,, no irons, SM, serger, cutting mat, markers involve.

Jennifer said...

Those are two beautiful patterns! I especially like Fifi.

Elizabeth said...

I think the Fifi pattern will look lovely on you! Great choice.

You were on quite a sewing mission there for a long time. No surprise you're taking a bit of a break from it for a while.

Carrie K said...

Fifi is really adorable and should look fab on you!

Waxing and waning. Knitting and sewing. Swapping crafts is the best thing/

Becky said...

It's great to have a variety of interests. I makes life spicy.

I agree that Fifi is an excellent choice for you.

Tany said...

I'm feeling quite the opposite lately... I feel a great urge to sew and my knitting projects are piling up on a corner... It's just temporary, I know, since I've also felt exactly like you do in the past... It's a matter of balance, I think. Your knitting/crochet projects are FAB!

Brigitte said...

Fifi is lovely! Not too busy, and very elegant.

If you do end up making the skirt, I'm going to be very interested... I've looked at it, wondered, looked at it again.

Adrienne said...

You have to go with the flow! it makes it SOOO Much easier! lol

tentenknits said...

wow you gonna do that skirt!? glad your kniting mojo is picking up!

Mardel said...

Oh Fifi is gorgeous. I think we all go through fiberly fits where we feel like doing one thing more than another

Romi said...

Great top! I'm still on the fence regarding knitted skirts, though. I don't think it looks all that flattering on the model so it makes me wonder if, under less than perfect conditions (i.e. not during a photo shoot) it would look worse. But Fifi is a certain winner! :)

jae said...

Nothing wrong with going with the flow! And you've picked a great sweater to flow with. It will really flatter you!