Thursday, July 05, 2007

Before and After, took longer than I thought

Before


After


Before

After
Before

After

Before
After

The fabric lying on the machine table is the dress currently under construction. All other "under construction" projects are in bags or drawers awaiting their turn.
The second machine to the left of my main machine is for Lauren to use until she goes to school. That is where the desk used to be. The desk has been completely cleaned out, moved to the wall adjacent to where the old Blind hemmer was, and re-stacked with pertinent supplies.
A bookcase has been moved to the space where the old blind hemmer was and now all of my sewing and knitting books and magazines are all together.
Every bin, every drawer, every surface, and every pile has been gone through and organized.

Now maybe I can get it together and get some work done.
Motivation is returning.
I hope, by Monday, to have a plan of action, ala Carolyn, for the rest of the summers sewing.

Meanwhile, knitting continues apace.

11 comments:

Donna Hodgson said...

WOO HOO..looks great Marji. Nice nice job.

Marina said...

Bravo! It looks fantastic. Now, how long will it remain that way ;-)

With me, it will be until the next bout of startitis. So, having a plan will be good.

Jennifer said...

Your crafting room looks fantastic!

cidell said...

That looks so good I want to move in.

Elizabeth said...

Go Marji! Nothing like a good cleaning and reorganizing to relight the fire under one's butt.

Linda said...

Wow! Congratulations, your redo looks fantastic. I am glad to hear that your inspiration is returning because I miss seeing your creations.

Carrie K said...

Wow! It looks great. So organized!

Brigitte said...

Oh, there is something so satisfying about cleaning and organizing a space!

And to think...that's your sewing space...what must your yarn stash look like?!

Becky said...

That's a big undertaking. It must feel good to have it all neat and tidy.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Wow ~ Marji! It looks great! Can you come over and clean my fabric closet? It is getting a little raggedy looking and I just don't want to waste valuable sewing time - refolding fabric! Hey, I will even take you to Metro and introduce you to Kashi! :)

Vicki said...

So that is why your mojo was missing....it was lost in the chaos. Looks great now!!