Friday, July 06, 2007

knitting room too


It has come to my attention that some of my knitting friends are concerned for me..don't be.
This cavernous space is as much dedicated to knitting as to sewing. At least, the storage of knitting supplies.
I knit (at home) mostly in the chair above. I also knit in the car - a lot lately it seems.

The black thing is the sleeve I started last night. That OTT light allows me to see well enough to knit black, even at night. The Most amazing thing is, last fall that cylinder that connects the light arm to the stand broke...seems I was trying to adjust it in the wrong direction and the plastic housing just snapped. All the rest is metal, except the top of that cylinder, which is plastic. The lamp is a couple of years old. Finally, a few weeks ago, I contacted the company that distributes OTT lights, their information is on a sticker at the bottom of the lamp base. They told me to send the top part, but not the heavy base, back to them to fix it. I did. They contacted me again and told me that it couldn't be fixed, but for the price of shipping - $14.85 - they would send me a brand new replacement. And they did. Everything above the metal cylinder of the base on that lamp is new.
That is what I call customer service. Yes, you pay a tad more for OTT than for the look-alike brand, but, I'm so impressed with them that I will always buy OTT in the future.


A composite picture of the knitting portion of my workspace. Just for Brigitte.
Ball winder and swift, blocking board and basket with needles and stuff on top, book portion of knitting library, there are still 2 shelves of Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits magazines on that shelving unit too, and on the bottom, yarn stash...oh my, so much yarn.
The question is, will I live long enough?

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

That's why we have the stash! It's a rule you can't outlive it.

Niiiice.