Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New Vogues are up


Isn't that just Lovely? IMO one of the prettiest bridal patterns to come along in a long long time.











These patterns made my short list.
I love the coat and think that it's perfect for the purple Ungaro felted wool I have in stash. I'm still looking for the perfect full pant for several woolens and this might be it! The dress 8409 is at the top of my list. I see it colorblocked, ala Carolyn's latest linen creation, only done in wool double knit. Do you see it too? And I Like the blouse, although I'm doing double and triple takes at those 80s shoulders.











_____________________
This is the Only OMG What were they thinking at Vogue:
Discussion on PR has suggested The Jolly Green Giant, An elf, (two different ends of the size spectrum but both essentially comical)







I expect that Dsis might like this, as we've discussed jackets in the last week, but I'm not a fan of shrunken jackets on anyone except fairly small women. I don't think they do a thing, proportion-wise, for full busted women, plus size women, or tall women.






There are others, like the funnel neck suit jacket, and lots of interesting shapes/seaming in skirts, that are nice, but I don't need to buy.



So I ask you, what do you love/hate about the new collection?

11 comments:

Marina said...

Hmm ...

Wedding dress - only if it's winter!

pants - great.

Coat - like the collar of the white but prefer the plain sleeves.

No strong feelings about the rest and I'm ignoring the green or black dress(?)!

Adrienne said...

I love that coat, and HOPE it will be my first coat! LOL

Brigitte said...

The coat is beautiful, and the pants look like they would suit even my short stature, with the right shoes.

Even the poor model doesn't look too pleased about having to wear the elf dress!

Nancy (nanflan) said...

Sandra Betzina's new pattern is just fug, pure and simple. What the heck was she thinking?

Anonymous said...

That dress looks like a witch costume at halloween. icky! I do like the dress you picked - but not the jacket. I like the blouse - even with the 80s shoulders - but I like the tunic next to it better. I also like 8417 - spiffy seaming. waiting on phone call now so I can go home. sent you an email, too :) d.

Nancy said...

I have to agree with your assessment of the Betzina pattern. What on earth was she thinking. Just ugly and unflattering. I liked the pants, but the blouse's sleeves give me pause. How would they work with my DD cup bust? I was disappointed in the Donna Karan suit. Who and where are we wearing that off the shoulder jacket? beautiful, but not very practical for my lifestyle I am afraid. I do love the skirt in that pattern.

Tany said...

In general I like this new Vogue Fall collection; like most people I don't like that SB dress (I could say I hate it). I love the coat and some of the new jackets. My mind is turning to Fall sewing now but I still want to make a few summer garments before I start my Fall sewing!

Summerset said...

Yeah, the SB dress didn't do anything for me - the black one looks like a Halloween costume to me.

The 80's style blouses don't do much for me, either, I'm afraid. I think it's because I'm on the smallish side and they tend to overwhelm me. That said, I did like the dress/shrunken jacket combo due to my size, but made something similar last year. Maybe I'll just make the jacket and wear it with last year's dress.

Anything else I liked, I posted on my blog.

Mardel said...

There is a lot to like in the new collecction. I like some of the jackets, including the off the shoulder one -- it would be great for dinner and they symphony (but then I have no shortage of dinner and a symphony kind of clothes). The SB costume is just that, too costumy.

The dress and short jacket is lovely, but I don't think it would work with my proportions, nor would the pants I fear, although I do love them, because all I need is low cut pants accenting my already long torso and too short legs. You however would probably pull them off beautifully.

Melody said...

I have a bunch that I love and a bunch that I love but can't wear. Then there's the bunch that I love, could wear but have no reason to have them. Either way, I'll be going to the next JoAnn's sale.

Marji, I'm like "Savoire Faire", I'm every - where. Let me know when you do the SGT thing, I go there all the time.

Lorraine said...

Marji- You know what I like about the wedding dress? It has shoulders! The current strapless style is not flattering on most people, but they tend to wear what's in style rather than what suits them.