Monday, September 24, 2007
Monday Monday; mitten choices, a meme
so, to catch up.
It's been quite a couple of weeks.
1. Kim and DeeAnn have both emerged from Hibernation. Welcome back to the land of virtual friends, my friends.
2. I finally got and accepted my invite to Ravelry. What little computer time I've had in the last week has been spent there, but I PROMISE my friends over at Stitchers Guild and PR, I will balance out soon.
3. I got an email from Scribner asking if I would read then review a book on my blog for them. ??? Really? Well, evidently, really! The book arrived in the mail middle of last week. Details to come forthwith. teaser: it is a Novel, and a certain real-life figure by the name of Coco plays a prominent part.
4. After a rather long dry spell, I've been knitting again, with abandon. And making some serious progress. Pics to come. (beginning to sound like a refrain of promises, promises).
5. Again, after a long hiatus, I've become a Joiner again. I've joined a mystery Lace KAL (the Yahoo group Secret of the Stole), The Fall Cable KAL again, (last year I won a copy of Janet Szabo's Aran knitting book via this KAL), a Ravelry Mitten exchange (see part 2 of todays entry, I'm interested), an online reading group, and the Yahoo group to knit Fulmar. each and every one of these topics will fill up an entire blog post.
6. I've also done some work in the past week that I've actually gotten paid for. Not a bad thing. Job hunting though, is at a crawl.
taking a survey
disregarding colors for a moment, what would be your preference in a mitten. Please reply in comments, and rank in order by number.
1. Latvian mitten (this is my own project
2. A Selbu mitten - not necessarily with the date, but the type
3.a heavily cabled gauntlet
4.a light cabled one. This one is by theLadyWyvern, is her own design, and the pattern is available for sale at
5. Stranded gauntlet mittens ala Magnificent mittens. This one is the project of jmolaei on Ravelry
and last: Nancy Tagged me
8 things about me you might not know. hmmm? I feel like I'm a pretty open book. So this stuff may just be pretty obscure.
1. I love fish and seafood but can't abide clams, oysters or mussells
2. I can't run. I win x-country ski races and can swim, cycle and sail, but I cannot run.
3. I'm terrified of alligators. I have alligator nightmares, regularly. And I've never lived where there really are alligators.
4. I love walking on the shore of Lake Michigan up North in February.
5. I've gone winter camping, alone, when it was -5F
6. I'm a take-it or leave-it person when it comes to chocolate. I like it, but wouldn't walk a mile for it.
7. I'm not a big fan of variegated yarn (oops, if you've been reading this blog for awhile, you already knew that)
8. I went to the Canary Islands on my senior trip for high school, and I bought YARN there. (can you even believe it?) it's true.
If you want to be tagged, consider yourself tagged.