Thursday, October 18, 2007

Decisions


lots of input, here in comments but mostly in email or comments on SG. Thank you all for your opinions.
I have to agree, the design lines in the Balmain coat would be best done in a solid. I have solids that would be perfect.
And, as I put in an email to Mardel, I can afford something really trendy for this coming winter, since it doesn't have to last me 5 years. So I think I'm going to go with the Houndstooth check and this pattern, which was not even under consideration.

and wonder of wonders, I'm going to make it so that it fits me Now. Yes, I plan to lose weight, but it became painfully obvious to me in Denver that I also need clothing that I can wear at This weight.

10 comments:

Marina said...

That looks lovely! What is the Houndstooth made of?

Mardel said...

I love that pattern and you are going to look gorgeous! Go for the trend and high fashion while you can.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

It looks perfect! I love the jacket in the houndstooth.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Okay, that's a nice choice and I can understand your reasoning. Will you start working on it soon?

Mary, Mary... said...

You'll get more wear out of the short jacket and I love the b&w houndstooth. Tho' the brown tweed is pretty darn gorgeous as well!

Summerset said...

MMMmmm. I'm jealous. Perfect fabric and pattern! You are right to make it and enjoy it in you "now" size.

Vicki said...

Now that is nice! Good choice.

Lorraine said...

Marji- The houndstooth is so classic- great choice.

What's this about "now" weight?

beth said...

Having both present "now" and previous "now" weights, I can tell you, you'll feel beautiful in your present now weight in beautiful clothes. "Waiting" clothes almost always s*ck and just make you more aware that you're not where you wanna be.

Glad you went with the houndstooth. I really like that pattern for it too--sometimes even designers use the "right" fabric for their designs!

So make that jacket and go out and enjoy a great meal in it, with dessert!

Lorri said...

Thank you for the comments on my Katherine. I look forward to seeing how your coat turns out.