Wednesday, January 30, 2008

cooking

Last night we had ravioli. I love ravioli.
This was squash ravioli, recipe from Mario Batali's Molto Italiano


Saturday we had Leek and Potato Soup made from the Jan/Feb issue of Cooking Light, that incorporated a whole butternut squash. More like butternut squash soup with a leek/potato flavor. It was good, but not Leek and Potato Soup.
I think I'm on a bit of a squash kick.

I love haunting the Epicurious site.
and I don't consider myself much of a baker, but watch this video. Doesn't it look fabulous?

7 comments:

cidell said...

ohmigosh i love ravioli. especially butternut squash ravioli.

Alexandra said...

I have the same pasta machine (Christmas present) but I haven't tried making ravioli yet. Do you have the RavioliMaker attachment? Or did you make them without it? Now I want to go make some ravioli.

annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marjenann said...

Hey! I received two of those pasta machines for my wedding shower, many years ago! Good Italian girl. And, those ravioli look very professional! Yum!

vtmartha said...

Yummy! I need to see how much rust my pasta making machine has grown! Try butternut risotto - it's terrific.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Okay! Where was my dinner invitation? Squash Ravioli is my favorite - it's what I always order at my favorite restaurant in town. Because it is usually rather time consuming to make, and I'm feeling a little lazy, I have decided that Steve is going to take me out for dinner tonight, so that I can have some Butternut Squash Ravioli (maybe with some Lobster or Salmon). Thanks for the extra calorie boost.

mzpookie said...

Marji: come back to TC and you might run into Mario. He has a place up in Omena and helps out the Leelanau Conservancy every year with their auction. Dinner for 12 prepared by him. It goes for BIG bucks every year Were talking 5 digits here. Money for a great cause though. I'm sure you can think of many other great reasons to come back to TC though.
Karen