Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snoop Shopping

From the pages of Style.comI love this - the silhouette, the white, the embellishment....
but tell me you don't see the influence of the 80's.


internet snoop shopping yielded this today:
www.saracampbell.com
description: Silver Square Neck Shell
Style # SC407-156
Colors #12 Metallic Silver
Sizes 0-14
Price $182
no info on fiber content or fabric.

Is this not exactly - not reminiscent of, but exactly, this top:
V1847
View A, which I made last April?



I love the top, and am considering making another - now I think I will.

So, have the SaraCampbell designers been snoop shopping old Vogue patterns? Or, who's to say that SaraCampbell et al didn't come up with this design on their own? This is why I think that the whole copyright issue for clothing manufacture is problematic. There isn't much new under the sun in terms of how to wrap a body in fabric.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I used to jump into, or at least read, those endless copyright discussions on internet forums and lists. Now I think that about 95% of the opinions expressed as fact are just self-serving BS.

There's very little left to discover about garment design that's truly original, and a lot of that gets so contrived that it's impractical or ugly.

Sharon said...

I've always wanted to sew that Anne Klein top (and vest...thanks to you and your snoop shopping I think I will!

Elle said...

You've shown me how gorgeous this Vogue pattern is, wish I hadn't ignored it when it was at lanetzliving. But it is now on my wish list. It is the perfect top for under a jacket, or with capris, or for so many outfits. Thanks!

Marjie said...

I actually think I like yours better, in that great floral! The princess seaming is awesome - so flattering!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

I think this top looks great, very stylish.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I loved that Valentino dress and almost all of his last spring 2008 line...however I haven't figured out how to incorporate it into my wardrobe. I don't exactly go to fancy dress-up parties! :)