Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SWAP storyboard phase I

Ok, most, not all, but most of what needed to get into the post, got there.
I have more muslins to do yet. I also just found out that my mother is spending some weeknight evenings at my sisters, so,...I'm taking more time than I've been given.
Today I just woke up dragging. It was all I could do to get one muslin done properly.

Anyway, while feeling tired, I dinked around and created a storyboard.
Denise Wardrobe Shadowside
This could be the Kiss of Death. Last year, I spent WAYYYY too much time on storyboarding, then ended up changing too much, and not really editing enough. This year I'd like to spend more time with actual fabric and sewing and edit the heck out of this collection, than on the computer creating pretty storyboards.
That said...after sending D some fitting garments, I *Think* I have a handle on what fabric is going to become which garment.
Note that all could change in a heartbeat, when she tries on something and says WOW, and it didn't make the plan, and tries on something else that did, and says "um, yuck"
It could happen.

8 comments:

Alexandra said...

Nice storyboard, Marji. You are one generous woman.

Vicki said...

You continue to amaze me with your kindness to your sister. I hope you are enjoying the process (most of the time). She is a lucky woman.

beth said...

I wish you were MY sister! All of your designs and ideas are lovely.

Even if you veer from the storyboard, it gives you such a good starting point that I think the time you take creating it is well spent. You can see an idea that you shouldn't bother to pursue right away even if you can't see how the ones you decide on will actually turn out.

Right? I've never tried working that way. LOL Too impulse with fabric and patterns!

Loved the photos,too.

Nancy K said...

I think that you are a very nice sister. She will be the best dressed woman at work. Lovely mix of fabrics and pattern.

LauraLo said...

Beautiful storyboard. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her linking only things in the plan :)

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very nice storyboard.I like all your colours and garment choices.

fruitbat said...

Hi Marji,

It is so much fun to read your blog. I so look forward to when I will have as much experience as you! Love the gorgeous gathered panel on the back of that Vogue pattern.

Anyway - I am contemplating making my first pair of pants. What is the pattern you picture in the storyboard, at the bottom? What is your favorite pants pattern?

thanks so much,
fruitbat

Tany said...

Oh my, it's gorgeous!