Monday, February 04, 2008

I'm working on it...



Some of the following is finished, some have minor finishing touches needed - a hem, a snap, a buttonhole, some hand stitching. It'll all get finished this week.
I'm working on bottoms now. and one more (maybe two) tops.
All fabric has been in stash, for varying degrees of time.
Some fabric I had more than I needed for what I was doing - hence more than one top out of some of the prints. There was logic behind this madness. I wasn't at all sure I was going to like the McCalls top gathered from a V'd yoke, so I had enough fabric left to cut the Burda top too - so I did. In the event, I do like the V'd yoke top, I don't like the construction that is going to require hand stitching to finish, but I do like the top.
I cut a top from an old OOP Vogue pattern Vogue 1543 OOP
out of some border print crinkle cotton gauze I had, and after it was cut there was enough left to cut the little Adri top too - so I did. Funny, but I made the Adri top already (ignore those hanging threads I haven't cut yet.) and have yet to finish the Trapeze top. The Adri pattern is the same used for the black crinkle top - that top was cut out while I still lived in northern Michigan - I just got it out and finished it for the UFO challenge going on on Pattern Review.


Burda top, same pattern used for one of the paisley tops



Vogue 2279 OOP






Expect a more comprehensive and cohesive post later in the week - with bottoms.
At least I won't go sailing nekked.

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You certainly won't be sailing nekkid! Wow, you're on a such a roll. It all looks great.

Mardel said...

Oh it all looks so sunny and tropical and lovely.

Alexandra said...

Oh Marji, it all looks so beautiful and summery! I especially like the embroidered pants. Too cool!

Sigrid said...

What a beautiful collection. So sunny indeed. Wish I could wear that sometime soon.

Vicki said...

No you won't be naked except when you are standing in front of all those clothes deciding what to wear!! Love the embroidery on those pants - did you do that too?

LauraLo said...

Oh I am again envious of your fabric collection! The colours are a feast for my eyes. I'm looking forward for the post with the entire collection it's going to be fabulous!

Liana said...

Wow! It all looks wonderful, and what great fabric for the Adri top.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

You have been very productive, I'm impressed :)
You will look fabulous on your trip :) I love all the garments and the ones you've modeled look great on you. You must be very pleased.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

You are determined to have some new clothes aren't you! These look great! *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Marji, it's so nice to see (part of) you! You are looking skinny, my friend. And of course the clothes are fab.

-Michellers