Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Sunday

Wishing a happy Easter Sunday to all who celebrate Easter.
The weather is crazy for Easter...71 degrees here two days ago and this morning it's snowing.

My son and future daughter-in-law were here for an early Easter, since ds has to work this afternoon back in Iowa. (He's a paramedic, riding ambulance service). They invited me along to help them finish choosing household and kitchen items for the bridal registry. It was fun but also exhausting. We spent Friday and Saturday armed with a scanner trolling the aisles at Bed Bath and Beyond, and Macy's.

We also hit the paint aisle at Home Depot. did you know that you can take a fabric swatch into the Home Depot, place it in their paint color scanner, and come up with a paint swatch the exact color of your fabric swatch? How cool is that?
I now have a paint swatch the color of the wedding party so that I can get started on choosing colors for my mother-of-the-groom dress.

Now, for some fashion fun check this out
Paris street fashion - shoe style
and for some totally irreverent Easter humor, check out the Peep Show contest entries here

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Some pretty wild shoes there. Even though I can admire them on others, my feet would never forgive me if I tried to wear heels like those!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Wow - pretty colorful and cool shoes. What a great selection. Like Elizabeth I probably couldn't wear most of them but they are fun to see.

donyale said...

LOVE those shoes - thanks for sharing!

LauraLo said...

Happy Easter to you and your family, Marji!
P. S. Did you get my email?

Tany said...

Hope you and your family had a Happy Easter!

I loved the shoes!!!

Lorraine said...

Marji- Can you give us a hint What are you wearing to the wedding?
(get some kick-ass shoes to go with it)

Vicki said...

Those shoes were such fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm having mother of the bride angst. What are you wearing? I'm not a 39 something with a fake bake tan, new boobs and a strapless cocktail dress, but I don't want the MOB suit dress with jacket either. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.