Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Mail and internet browsing



Being laid up isn't so bad as long as there is home delivery. !!
My friend Susan sent these along today, she ordered them and ended up having to order a half size smaller. So last week, when she was in town, and we were having dinner, she mentioned them, and voila - here they are today. I love them, which is a work in progress for me, as I'm really a truly a heels kinda girl, and flats have never had a real solid place in my heart!




Some of you have dibs on my fabric collection when I end up having to clean out, some of you have dibs on parts of my library, one of you has dibs on my loom...well, Susan has dibs on my shoe collection! LOL, every time we get together, (a couple of times a year) we have to check out the shoes. I love these, they're staying.


From the Gorsuch catalogue.
velvet python textured. handmade in venice, italy.

___________________________________________________

Another benefit of being told to lay down and do nothing - guilt free internet browsing time!

Lindsay T has an interesting poll and question up on her blog this week - hurry since it's been up for a few days already. She's asking if you give complementary feedback on something that you don't think is flattering or think is poorly sewn when reading reviews on PR.
Ann at Gorgeous Things has just announced a sale on cottons and coatings (see, I can even be an enabler flat on my back side!
Grand Traverse Yacht Club burnt to the ground in a fire last week. :(

and evidently, the Fashionistas at Elle Magazine are declaring the imminent demise of The Dress. Read about it here

17 comments:

cidell said...

That's a great Times story. And I'm with you on flats. I actually just don't like the way they make my feet look. bleh.

Lindsay T said...

Thanks for the blog mention, Marji! Hope you're feeling better.

Nancy K said...

I just read that in the Times, as I get ready to make 3 dresses. Ah, well, a day late. I love heels, but my feet don't. I mostly wear flats or a small heel.

Mary Beth said...

Thanks for the links, Marji. Hope you're being patient with yourself while you're on the mend.

Shannon said...

I'm with you, I love a good heel. However, sometimes the feet need a rest, so a great pair of flats is a good thing!

I sure hope you're feeling better. Any idea how long you'll be out of commission? How long does it take to mend one's butt bone?

Marjie said...

I like heels, but there's nothing like a good ballerina flat if there's miles of walking involved! And I don't think the Fashionistas at Elle know what they're talking about. There will always be some of us who just want to look feminine, and some of us who'd rather be cooler in the summer! Glad you're able to browse - get well soon!

Cennetta said...

Too cute!

Vicki said...

Cute shoes! Well if pants are the new "dress" I had better work on a muslin for them......

Bonnie D. said...

NOOOO!!! Say it isn't so. I love love love dresses. Wear them more than pants or shorts or skirts. But, I am not exactly on the cutting edge of fashion anyway so I guess I say, Oh well. LOL.

Not a big fan of flats either. Those new shoes of yours are cute.

Marina said...

There goes my yarn $$!

Phyllis said...

Marji, I was catching up on blog reading so I just found out about your accident; I'm so relieved you're on the mend but wow - all that plus a broken tailbone. I'm beaming lots of hugs your way!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I love the shoes.

Darn it. I just checked out that website and found 3 pairs of shoes that I have to have. You are such an enabler.

The Wren pair looks very much your style. They're definitely mine.

Carrie K said...

Yikes! Hope you're healing quickly. At least you don't need both feet to sew and none to knit.

Have you picked up the sequel to Labyrinth yet?

Claire said...

I hope you're feeling better. Actually fabric shopping on the net will cure most anything. I found some gorgeous blue & white print cotton/lycra at Timmel Fabrics..........

The demise of the dress....never!!! I'm just rediscoving dresses again and I'm not about to give them up. Elle magazine needs to put a sock in it. ;o)

Nancy W. said...

Marji - so sorry to hear about your fall. (I'm just now catching up on the last week or so of blogs) I know what you mean about the "too old" comment. About 2 years ago I needed to get into my daughter's soccer game and the back gate, usually open, was locked. I saw 2 teenage boys jump the fence and thought "I can do that" Well, they saw me and said they wanted to watch because they never saw "an old person jump a fence" Well, I showed them, jumped over the fence and landed on my feet. Of course, they came back 5 minutes later to check on me only to find that I could not move because I had torn my ACL. Geez, I hate it when kids know better than I do. Sending hugs your way!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

My boss had her tail bone broken giving birth. She said that hurt far worse than the delivery of the 10 lb boy that caused the broken tail bone!

Lisa

LauraLo said...

I'm a heels girl too (but then I am really short) but I love those. Very cute shape and the velvet makes them so special.