Tuesday, May 06, 2008

in interlude, just for fun

another meme is going around blogland, and this time, Mardel tagged me.

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.

Closest book is the one I've been reading for a week, Here Be Dragons, by Sharon Kay Penman

oh dear, not a quote I would have chosen, but oh well... conversation between John, King of England, and 14 yr old Isabelle of Angouleme, whom he marries:
"They are green, no? I've never owned much jewelry. I do have a betrothal ring from Hugh. But I supposed I must give it back now, must I not?"


I'm going to tag Brigitte, Birgitte, Melissa, Carrie, and LauraLo (in honor of her 1st place win in the Timmel SWAP


And did you notice, if you sew and were following the Timmel SWAP - not a single one of the five top place winners were from the USA? Interesting.

6 comments:

Birgitte said...

How fun and ... uhm, revealing... Looking around me, all I see are sewing related books. Think I should get a life?

Cennetta said...

When I read the first instruction, I immediately turned to the book shelf next to the computer desk. Oh well, I haven't been tagged yet. lol

Marjie said...

LauraLo's SWAP was awesome. I wasn't following the SWAP, but I'm glad she won!

I hope these more frequent posts mean you are on the mend!

Carrie K said...

I can hardly wait to see what Queen Isabella says for this meme.

Not one from the USA? Not that I was following it, but country pride.

BeeBee said...

I did notice that none of the "winners" weren from the USA (they were all winners to me). Lets see, nearest book: "The Nanny Diaries" by Emma LcLauglin * Nicola Kraus.

paco peralta said...

Marji, this is very interesting proposal. share our passion for sewing and also for books. best wishes. Paco