Sunday, May 04, 2008

oh the plans we can make

Silk linen in Fuschia, Silk dupioni jacquard in fuschia and orange, and
Silk chiffon burnout in fuschia and orange.
Silk for capsule wardrobe 4 garments

I'm going to participate in the capsule wardrobe sew-along contest on Stitchers Guild beginning June 1 - making a jacket, dress, top and bottom (I think a skirt but maybe capri) using the above fabrics.
See Carolyn's blog for details on rules.
I have ideas for the jacket - know that it will be short, and easy to wear. Not oversize.
I'm thinking the dress will be the sheath I like so much. The chiffon may end up a blouse, may end up a skirt - maybe a skirt and top. I have to figure it out.

With nothing so much as time on my hands, I've been planning projects right and left.
I'm sitting in my little nest I've built in the last 2 weeks in the corner of my living room - surrounded by patterns, fabric swatches, yarn and knitting books, some hand stitching projects, and many magazines. It's an easy recipe for building planned projects and dreaming up garments. And schemes.

Today I picked up this magazine
The above mentioned contest requires an accessory. I think I might bead something.

oh....you're thinking there is enough on my plate? Hush!
I know I have sewing to finish from the SWAP wardrobes - lots. My decision at this point is to finish the 4 garments on my machine table at the moment, then proceed by making 1 - 2 garments per month to add to it.
I'm going to get some sewing done beginning this week, beginning tomorrow.

June 1 I'll begin on sewing 4 garments for me.

And, stay tuned tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest for the other project/scheme I'm hatching.
Trying to get my ducks in a row right now, before I go public with it. Suffice it to say, you'll have an opportunity to participate.



20 comments:

BeeBee said...

Love your color combo for the June Capsule and your fabrics are so rich! Very jealous. I'm starting with a mauve/taupe Mills Creek remnent that I'm making into a skirt. It's currently unfinished in my DC apartment while I pack up my Detroit house. Signing up for this sew-along has made me really antsy to get back to it.
I saw your beading thoughts, and was thinking along the same lines for my accessory. I've done a little beading, it was harder than I thought, and may do that if I have time. (my default item is a belt). I alway have trouble with the tension on my beading items and length - I don't anticipate the shrinking well. Probably just need more practice - and a trip to Michaels.
Hope you're feelilng better and looking forward to sewing along this time.

Carrie K said...

Awesome.

Paula said...

That fabric is gorgeous. Pink and orange has always been one of my favorite color combinations. I can hardly wait to see what you make of it!

Caity said...

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! What a gorgeous set of fabrics - can't wait to see what you do with them!

toya said...

OMG, that fabric is breathtaking

Shannon said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous - can't wait to see the garments made from them!

Marina said...

Those are my colours! Which is kinda strange since I never used to be a pink person.

LauraLo said...

Those fabrics and the colors are amazing! Can't wait to see what you'll be making!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Love the fabric, the colors and the capri idea. Even love the beaded accessory idea, but then I'm a great enabler.

Alexandra said...

Your fabrics are TDF! I can't wait to see what you make!

Nancy K said...

Gorgeous fabrics. I assume you had these fabulous fabrics in your stash?
Can't wait to see what you sew.

Lindsay T said...

You've piqued my curiosity about your new "scheme."

Marjie said...

Beautiful and vivid colors. I know you must have a great tan to carry those off! I'd like to enter the capsule, but I know that "real life" will sabotage my timely efforts! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with these great fabrics!

Birgitte said...

The fabrics/combo is to die for. And I think they will look positively stunning on you. Whatever you make. And the beading belongs. You are a very clever schemer indeed :-) I'm picturing you in your nest...

Jennifer said...

The pink and orange are stunning together.

You know I always support beading. :-)

Linda said...

Every time you put a collection together for a SWAP, I want it. And your combination this time is no exception. I can't wait to see what you make from this. No doubt it will leave me green with envy and then it wouldn't look as good on me!

Becky said...

You will be busy indeed! The fabric is luscious.

Vicki said...

Oh fabulous! Love those fabrics. Sounds like you are feeling better.

Gwen said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I'm practically drooling! :)
Good luck with the capsule competition!

Tany said...

Wow, I really love your fabrics! From the color palette to the texture and design, I can tell these are winners for sure!