Ya know, I'm almost afraid to ask, but here goes: Does anyone out there in blogland do needlepoint?
It's not as if I don't have enough to do.
It's not as if I need another thing.
But lately (since my knitting is so drastically curtailed with my wrist still feeling the injury), (and since ds#2 has asked for me to make his fiance a Christmas Stocking), I've been feeling the urge.
I just received, in the mail from one of my favorite needlepoint stores, The Bristly Thistle, in Petoskey Michigan, the above painted canvas, to make Ashlee her Angel, per my son's request.
Two of my earlier projects:
for more click here
What I'm really wanting to pull out and work on, especially before I start on Ashlee's angel, is this
I started this as a bench cover. It's going to end up on the boat though, as a back pillow. It's really long. It's probably my longest running Work-In-Progress.
Over the weekend I was privileged to visit a friend of my step-mom's, Linda, who is an accomplished knitter with a beautiful beach home on Lake Michigan. She was interested in making the double knit ski hat that I've made several of, and just wanted a quick demonstration on knitting the double knit fabric of the hat.
Her home is one of The Most Gorgeous beach homes I've ever been in. Aside from the entire wall of glass looking out over the lake (they're on a bluff), the interior was inviting, comfortable, and beautiful. And she had needlepoint pillows scattered all over. Made me want to come home and drag out all the needlepoint.
And in doing some internet looking, I discovered Ehrman Tapestries. Jaw dropping gorgeousness.
and right now (on sale too), they have a whole series of canvases that are reminiscent of Klimt paintings.
I want them all (almost all).....sigh.
And Now, catching up on the memes which I've been lax on doing.
Mardel tagged me for this awhile back, and well, I just haven’t blogged my answers yet.
- What was I doing ten years ago? I was living and working and raising kids in
. I was driving ds#1 out to Interlochen every day, I’d just left the non-profit I’d been working for and started working in a real estate office. I was sailing Wed night buoy races and some weekend Regattas and skiing on ski patrol in the winter and I was single and not dating anyone. Traverse City, MI
2. What are five things on my to-do list today? Laundry, finish Lauren’s dress, photograph it and write a blog post about it, swim ½ mile, buy something at market to make for dinner.
3. Snacks I enjoy. Dk cherries, dried fruit, pretzels and cheeze-its, popcorn
4. Things I would do if I were a billioniare? Buy a house (in Northern MI) that I could store my furniture and sewing stuff in while we go sailing, and build a sewing studio upstairs where there is sunlight. Set up trust funds for each of the kids so that they can also each buy a house some-day. Set up annuities that would provide ongoing support for children’s mental health organizations in several communities that I have interest in. Do the same to support several youth sports organizations that are at-risk of losing their funding. Get my dh to retire now! Set up some blind/anon trust funds so that several of my hard-working deserving friends could realize their dreams of owning a home/ opening a business / send their kids to school.
5. Places I have lived?
6. Peeps I want to know more about. Is there anyone anywhere that hasn’t already done this? KarenBenco? Jae, Kim (KnitinBrit), ?
and another meme, via TeaLeaves
Rules: You must answer the questions using only one word. Then tag four others.
1. Where is your cell phone? countertop
2. Your significant other? Jeff
3. Your hair? messy.
4. Your mother? busy
5. Your father? happy
6. Your favorite thing? textile
7. Your dream last night? noisy
8 Your favorite drink? wine
9. Your dream/goal? sailing
10. The room you’re in? kitchen
11. Your hobby? needlework
12. Your fear? alligators
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? boat
14. What you’re not? quiet
15. Muffins? Pumpkin.
6. One of your wish list items? Klimt-canvas
17. Where you grew up? NY
18. The last thing you did? coffee
19. What are you wearing? shorts
20. Favorite gadget? Ipod
21. Your pets? none
22. Your computer? Toshiba
23. Your mood? Chatty – (sorry, but this is HARD, how’m I supposed to answer all these paragraph questions with ONE word???)
24. Missing someone? Someones
25. Your car? SUV
26. Something you’re not wearing? suit
27. Favorite store? internet
28. Like someone? everyone
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When is the last time you laughed? yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Hmmm?