Sunday, August 10, 2008

Airmail has it there on time

After the fitting and pinning of this bodice last time Katie was home, I marked everything, took it all apart, made a pattern to use on the blue silk coming up, and then cut linings.
This dress was constructed after a bit more travel to get back up to Traverse City MI (another 2 hours north), and in between all the boating activities we had planned with a group of other Island Packet boat owners.
Finished bodice
Again, I anticipate having finished pics of this dress on the recipient in the next few days. It should be arriving by airmail this afternoon (Friday) in Georgia.

The dress, inside out.

Bodice - silk shantung
skirt - silk crepe de chine
underlining - silk organza
lining - silk crepe de chine
No pattern used.
closure - side zipper - hand picked

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Marji, that is just lovely!

Melinda said...

Totally gorgeous Marji!!! And I am in awe of both the way you made it from draping, and how quickly you managed it! Fantastic! You should feel so proud of yourself.

sewsy said...

Marji, I'm extremely impressed. I was doing errands, and while driving around, thought about that beautiful dress you conjured out of thin air! The words 'no pattern used' kept coming to mind. I think you are sooooo fabulously talented!:-)

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Entry that should be in the dictionary under definition of "Talented":

Marji

Vicki said...

Gorgeous Marji!!

a little sewing on the side said...

Stunning. Just ... I am speechless- GORGEOUS and exquisite.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I love it! Simply amazing!!!!

Brigitte said...

WOW. I love this dress!

OK, I can forgive you for having precious little knitting done this last little while, especially when I see such beautiful creations!

Cafe Couture said...

Marji, these dresses are stunning, I am so impressed with the speed you make such beautiful clothes and the choices you make when putting colours together. They seem simple but make a lot of effect, A bientôt, Lucia

Mardel said...

Another fabulous creation! And on vacation in stolen bits of time -- really special.

Tany said...

This one is as fabulous as the first one! I'm in awe...