Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally, Jeff's Double Knit Hat



Kim and Jae will also recognize this as "That Dam*n Hat"

Everytime I've knit anything in the last year my dh looks over and says "Is that my hat?", even knowing full well it isn't.

Well, now that we have the boat and the plans to go sailing in the Great Lakes next summer, I figured it was time to actually knit "That Dam*n Hat".
This is the double knit ski hat, directions found on the Blue Blog.
It is fully reversible and is the warmest hat ever.

Yarn: Cascade 220 in yellow and Marine Blue
Needle size 6 Addi circ, 16"
Modeled by a dress form with dh's Foul Weather Gear, which obviously is the inspiration for the color scheme.
Now I only have one left to make - my own of course, and it's to match my foul weather gear. Oh, oops, my foul weather gear jacket is 20 yrs old, and I'm getting a new one before next summer (thinking the Strictly Sail boat show in Feb in Chicago), so mine will have to wait until I find out if I'm getting red or yellow.

6 comments:

Marina said...

Looks great! That's another thing I need to learn.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Woo Hoo for DH! Finally, that D(*n hat is finished.

What's next on the needles?

kbenco said...

Great looking beanie. The 2 layer knitting looks very tricky to me! My husband is after unbelievably boring black socks in a similar manner, but he will have a looooong wait.

Mardel said...

Looks great! You remind me that I need a warm hat for snow and ice shoveling season. That is something I always ***intend*** to get to but never do and end up cursing as the icy wind boxes my ears on those cold winter mornings.

Eme said...

Get the yellow - it's much more visible in the water. Save red for dry land. ;-)

jae said...

After all this time asking if that is is his d*mn hat, what is he going to ask now? ;) It looks like a perfect match to his gear. Good job!