Friday, March 27, 2009

update and progress

First, Many thank you's to Summerset and Carolyn for naming me in the sisterhood award.
I'm so grateful for the internet friends I've made in the last several years.
My blog time right now is extremely limited - but I promise it won't always be this way.
I'm going to pass that award along, and also try to express what the friendship of so many flung so far has meant to me as I've become a part of this creative on-line community.
Think I'll do like Carolyn does, and write it out long-hand while on slow time at work, then just be able to come to the computer to type it. So look for it this week.

Meanwhile, I do have some progress to report and some knitting to show off.
Sorry, no sewing pics. I mean really, as I said to Mardel yesterday, who wants to look at photos of drapery panels?

Hugs to all of you out there.


A really quick Update/and explanation for why I've been off-line off-blog for so long.
I've been working more hours, with no internet access at work, and have been using the time before and after work to get some projecting done. I try to knit an hour to 1.5 hours in the AM, then another hour or two before bed. The day off I have here and there, that I'm not teaching, I've been sewing home dec.
I've also been teaching on weekends. Fun, and I like teaching, but it does cut into my own time.

Update sewing:(in red)
  • slipcovers for cushions to make for the entire boat. That will take 4 weeks of dedicated sewing when I'm not at work. My deadline on those is May 1.measured/figured/ready to cut on Sunday
  • drapery panels and valances for the master bedroom. Finished panels, hung them, still need to make swag valance
  • drapery panels for the dining room - 2 are pleated, 2 are on sewing machine table downstairs ready to pleat - making progress!
  • padded cornice board cover for ds#1. finished
  • Swag valance for Kitchen French doors and window over sink. Fabric is cut, ready to sew. haven't touched this yet!
  • Amy Butler Weekender bag. haven't touched it

knitting update:

St Enda

cast on Feb 20, finished knitting 2nd sleeve March 22. Needs sewing together and neck band knit. I'm very disappointed in the dye lots in the Fishermans Yarn from Lion Brand. It goes from cream to yellow back to creamy white, all in the same skein.



Pattern: Kashmir by Dale of Norway. - still in same state it was in last blog post.



Wakame - ripped out when I figured out I didn't have enough yarn. It was going to be short, no sleeves, and I still risked running out - so I frogged it.
The other pattern that I'd really like to make from that issue is the Apres Surf Hoodie
Cast on March 22.
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft 4ply purchased 3 or 4 years ago from CucumberPatch
I used the provisional cast on and knit in the hem, rather than using the I-cord bind off the pattern calls for. I really like the knit on hem.


Also I could not resist casting on another mitten, so middle of last week I got out one of the Rhiivilla kits and cast on the rose mittens. Aren't they just gorgeous?



must leave for work now, out with dh tonight, teach tomorrow, Work on cushions all day Sunday, back to work Monday.

8 comments:

Rose said...

Thanks for the update. I love those mittens - such a nice design!

gwensews said...

Your knitting is lovely. You'll get back to sewing when the time is right. Meanwhile, enjoy whatever it is that you're doing.

Shannon said...

I've missed you! But, no wonder you haven't had time to blog - you have barely had time to breathe!

Your knitting is always so gorgeous - I especially love the first sweater.

Elizabeth said...

The knitting's looking great! That's a lot of activity at your house!

Vicki said...

You are busy! Knitting looks like it would be relaxing during your limited free time.

Mardel said...

I agree, you've hardly had time to breathe! Good luck getting through it all and I love seeing the pictures of the knitting projects. So fabulous and great for those moments when you just need to relax.

Carrie K said...

Those mittens are gorgeous and so in St Enda.

Mary Beth said...

It's terribly difficult to work, do the sewing necessary to life and blog, I agree! Glad for the update, Marji, and I hope you have some down time for yourself (bubble bath with candles?)